Portland Wasteland Sign-up thread

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:20 am

Story

The dark clouds settled in the sky over what used to be Portland, Oregon. Several towns had popped up around Portland, one had been very successful. Traders, Merchants, Mercenaries, criminals, and others crowded one particular settlement in Downtown Portland, the town of Greenston. They had come from all over the once lush and fertile US to the town of Greenston. In Greenston: shops, bars, brothels, and hotels cluttered the town, giving little place for shacks, and houses for the residents of Greenston. Though Greenston was the largest town, and very powerful, its two neighboring towns: Alabass and Coff, were jealous of its growing economy, and wanted to claim the riches for themselfs.

The three towns fought each other on a regular basis. Usually Alabass and Coff joined forces, and attacked Greenston, but failed to make much progress in their assaults. Alabass and Coff hired mercenaries of different critiques. Hitmen, Killers of different varieties as well were hired to attack Greenston. But after an attack from Alabass during the night, the towns people of Greenston, began constructing walls 14ft high all around their town. Alabass and Coff tried to create defences as well, but their little economies, even joined together, could not pay for the supplies needed to construct walls. So the two towns began creating dried moats that did not hold water, but held large spears that were dipped in a poison. The moats were covered up lightly, but Greenston never attacked, they just continued to grow in size, gradually taking over more of Downtown Portland, and building more walls.

After another attack from Alabass and Coff, Greenston did retaliate, and suffered greatly for it. The dried moats full of poisoned tipped spears surrounding Alabass and Coff, decimated the forces of Greenston, and forcing them back behind their walls to recouperate, and replan. The people of Alabass and Coff were certaint that an attack on Greenston while they were weak, would decimate their town, and allow them to be taken over. They were terribly wrong. Their attacks came to late as they too had to regroup and begin planning their attack. As the two forces of Alabass and Coff marched to the town of Greenston, they found that Greenston had created a new defences along their walls: Large spears, poisoned tipped no doubt, were angled toward the assaulting forces, and were put very close together so the forces of Alabass and Coff would have trouble breaking through.

As planned, the forces of Alabass and Coff were still no match against Greenston on the offensive, and were forced to retreat and make new plans. War has no doubt enveloped Downtown Portland, and the towns of Alabass, Coff, and Greenston are readying their forces once more for the fight.

Synopsis: You are a fighter for either Alabass, Coff or Greenston. The three towns are gathering their forces, and are readying for one more stand to determine who will be the ruler of Greenston, and the rest of Downtown Portland.

Character Sheet: You can play as anything you would like, but NO Deathclaws, Super Mutants, Behemoths or anything like this. Keep it Human or Ghoul.

Name:
Race:(Anything but Deathclaws, Super Mutants, Behemoths etc that contradicts what is above)
Faction:(Alabass, Coff, Greenston. I want the three sides to be fairly even)
Appearence:(Height, Weight, Facial Features etc)
Clothing:(Armor, regular clothes etc)
Weapons:(I will allow 4 weapons of resonable size. No Ghouls or Humans running around with two Rocket Launchers and two Miniguns)
Misc:(Anything of value: Food, Water, something or things to sell)
Job:/b](Mercenary, Townie, Hitman etc. Should follow your characters Bio and Personality)
Bio:(What your characters background is, nothing to short or to long.)
Personality:(What you character is like)

Rules: FOLLOW THESE CLOSELY, PLEASE

1.I am GM, anything that I say happens or does not happen, happens. Do not argue about this or you get kicked.

2. NO BS, no crazy moves or actions. I don't want to see someone jumping 15ft into the air, and killing 200 people without a scratch.

3. Respect one another, and do not get into any fights or both will be kicked from playing.

4. Follow all the Rules or you will be kicked out from playing anymore.

5. Reasonable sized posts. No one-liners or sentences. I don't want to see a book either.

6. I will move the story forward, no one else has this power.

7. No God-modding, I don't want any all knowing characters etc.

8. I have the right to kick any player.

9. HAVE FUN!!!!

[b]PS: I will post my character sheet once this game has enough players.

Lance Vannortwick

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:15 am

Name: Ron Grant
Race:Human
Faction:Coff
Appearence: 5'11, 156 pounds, dark blue eyes, black hair with white streaks in it, hair that comes to shoulders.
Clothing:combat armor painted brown and green, combat helmet, gray pants with padded leather. pre war relaxedwear
Weapons:44. caliber repeater, 10mm pistol, two trench knives
Misc:5-x stimpaks, 3 rad-away,2 nuka colas, 200bottlecaps,
Job:/b] repairman, helps set up defenses and also goes in to battle
[b]Bio: Ron was born in to Coff. His mother raised him not to fight while his dad raised him to. He decided he would become a repairman and help fight for Coff. He somewhat pleased both his parents. Ron now lives with his parents. His mother is a chef and his father is a builder. He and his father both serve in Coffs army in a special division for stealthy attacks on Greenston.
Personality:Ron is kind and friendly. He doesn't like fighting although he does. He is usually in his shop working on making weapons or outside fixing the town. He enjoys company a lot.
Code Affinity

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 am

Welcome to Portland. :D
OTTO

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 pm

OOC: When can I start?
CRuzIta LUVz grlz

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:18 pm

When I post the beginning of the game.
Steeeph

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Where is everyone?
Jonny

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 pm

I don't know but this RP sounds awesome. Yikes we shouldn't post many more posts like these OOC. Mods might consider this spam.
SexyPimpAss

Return to Fallout Series Discussion