DF Main Quest Bug? *SPOILERS*

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:59 am

This is odd - I've finished the Main Quest in Daggerfall with my latest character, and for some reason the journal entries for it won't go away. As I recall, those are supposed to disappear as soon as you grab the Mantella (I refer, of course, to the journal entries that mention the first meeting with Brisienna and the "I am on a mission from the Emeror" entry).

Also, I still have assassins attacking me, saying that Barenziah sent them to get the Totem from me! This is annoying.

It's been a long time since I finished the main quest with one of my characters, so I don't remember exactly how the aftermath plays out. Is this stuff supposed to keep happening? Or was I supposed to meet with Brisienna one more time?

BTW, I gave the totem to Brisienna, if that makes a difference.
CSar L

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:16 am

I don't remember exactly for the journal entries, but the first one should remain. For the Brisienna's one however, I'm not sure. For Barenziah's assassins, it should not happen, it's indeed a bug.

In fact there are many bugs in Daggerfall quests, and one of the most common is the quest entries not cleaned properly after the quest is finished. You should try fixsave, and if it does not work, you will have to stay with Barenziah's assassins for the rest of youyr character's life...
Trish

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 pm

Hmmm.... Fixsave didn't help. That was a good idea, though.

Sometimes a Main Quest entry will stay in your journal until you activate the next quest in the series. Since I'm done with the main quest, there is no "next quest". However, I recall the Totem "telling" me that it would wait one year and one day for me to give it to someone of royal blood. Perhaps after that period of time, this will all go away.

So I'll keep playing this character and see what happens.

I should've saved before I started the main quest lol
Honey Suckle

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion