Need help animating a Dwemer style pump

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm trying to create a new kf for a model of a pump. The pump is presently animated, but it runs continuously. I'm trying to figure out how to animate it so that I can have it idle (fully stopped), start (slowly ramp up to speed), run (like it does now), and stop (slowly come to a halt, and return to an idle state) I would like the control for the pump to be right nearby, or I would just fake it by having two copies - one animated, and one not, and switch them out. If I can't pull it off, I will just move the control lever far enough away that I could realistically pull that off, but I would really like to set up the animations so that I can have it start like a real machine.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do it. Are there any howto's on this?

Thanks!
cutiecute

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 pm

This is way beyond my knowledge, but you could try one of these http://www.morrowind-mod.com/Modders%20Resources%20Tutorials.htm?
City Swagga

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 am

What program are you using? Max or Blender? In case Max what version and what exporter? Note that kf files contain no geometry.
Some machine (activator) animations should be appropriately scripted in case of not looped continuous animations.

:)
Marcus Jordan

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Hello,

If it's already animated, all you need to do is add a note track on the root bone and place 4 notes in Track View/ Dope Sheet. First note at the beginning, second at the point of full speed, third at beginning to slow down and the last one at the end. Then type in each note something like this:

1Idle StartIdle StopIdle2 Start2Idle2 StopIdle3 Start3Idle3 StopIdle4 Start4Idle4 Stop

Sorry, I'm not too sure about scripting it though. Like Axel said, when exporting you'll have a Pump.nif, XPump.nif and XPump.kf.

Best regards,
RX31
Anthony Rand

Return to III - Morrowind