Daggerfall - Error 519

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:29 pm

So I've been playing this for a few days now, and I am now getting this error 519. When I'm in town at night and I turn either with keyboard or mouse and I see certain white trees loading in the background, I crash out. I think it's loading the background too fast or something, since I can go slowly around a building and face the same directions and not get the crash. I've turned-to-crash in opposite directions, so I'm pretty confident it has something to do with the background image loading, not a certain object in the foreground.

My CD looks brand new, I've reinstalled twice now. I'm using DOSBOX .72 with the recommended 40mb thing in the conf, and I've tweaked the cycles a bit. I've of coarse patched Daggerfall to 213. I've used FIXSAVE.EXE on the offending save. I have not done any more narrowing down of the problem since wandering around and trying to crash it for a few minutes, after that I just came here and went on an error hunt.

Does anyone know about this problem? The only mention I found in these forums was http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=630473&hl= and it has to do with an addon quest item. I just know that some day this will really ruin my day, so I want to fix it if I can before something dreadful happens.
Guinevere Wood

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:17 pm

Strange... try copying all of the files in the arena2 folder on your CD on to your arena2 folder under Daggerfall on your computer, then change z.cfg so that pathcd shows the same thing as path, then reinstall the patches and test again.
Alex [AK]

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:16 am

Well, thank you for the prompt reply. I will indeed try that as soon as I get the error again. Strangely, I think that setting the midi device with SETUP.EXE fixed it. With that being the only change at all, I went in my crashing savegame and did a quick run around. Looks like problem solved!

Holy cow, this game has nice theme music. :D
quinnnn

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Well, thank you for the prompt reply. I will indeed try that as soon as I get the error again. Strangely, I think that setting the midi device with SETUP.EXE fixed it. With that being the only change at all, I went in my crashing savegame and did a quick run around. Looks like problem solved!

That's... peculiar.
Holy cow, this game has nice theme music. :D

I know, Daggerfall's got awesome music :nod:
Rex Help

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion