Beeping / Clicking sound When Exiting Vault

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:14 am

I am playing the GOTY edition through Steam. All my sound drivers are up to date.
When I am in the room just before the vault entrance (at the very beginning of the game) there is a faint beep or chirp or click sound in the background. When I walk into the actual vault entrance chamber it becomes a lot louder, and continues after leaving the vault altogether. It is extremely annoying, and makes the game pretty much unplayable. Has anyone heard of this or have any solutions?

Here's a video I shot with Fraps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfk00c5aqG8
JUan Martinez

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:57 am

I some times have the same problem, however with me it's the sound of a gatling laser whirring.... so far the only option I've found is to save and reload that usually works...
Kat Ives

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 am

Yea, I've definitely tried that before. I've even restarted, and played through the beginning twice, but it always happens at the exact same place.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:12 pm

I just discovered that the glitch is tied to the music setting in the game. When I go into the setting menu, while in-game and turn the music portion all the way down, the sound glitch goes away. This doesn't solve my problem though. While I can play it now, I still want to be able to hear the music.
Kit Marsden

Return to Fallout 3