Should I get fallout 1 and 2?

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:55 pm

I liked fallout 3 very much but i dunno if i should get fallout 1 2. i saw them the other day and they were pretty cheap.
!beef

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:40 am

I think you may get better advice/reviews. etc. over here in the Fallout Series area. :)
Matthew Barrows

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 am

I think that is a decision you should be able to make yourself. ^_^

If they are so cheap, why not try them out?
Paul Rice

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am

I liked fallout 3 very much but i dunno if i should get fallout 1 2. i saw them the other day and they were pretty cheap.

Sure. It's always good to discover the predecessors. I think they are 12$ for both?
But be advised that Fallout 1 and 2 are an almost replica of a pen-and-paper RPG. That means, much more difficult, slow combat (Turn-Based), tons of dialogue.
It also means the main quest for both titles takes much more time and there is NO hand holding.
I think the Fallout 1 demo can still be downloaded.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=765

I hope you'll enjoy it. They are true gaming gems.
Joie Perez

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 am

If you're interested in the overall story and lore, then go ahead. :)

Though you might want to check on youtube for gameplay videos. I don't know if you might appreciate the different view and turn-based combat.
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:43 am

Sure. It's always good to discover the predecessors. I think they are 12$ for both?
But be advised that Fallout 1 and 2 are an almost replica of a pen-and-paper RPG. That means, much more difficult, slow combat (Turn-Based), tons of dialogue.
It also means the main quest for both titles takes much more time and there is NO hand holding.
I think the Fallout 1 demo can still be downloaded.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=765

I hope you'll enjoy it. They are true gaming gems.

They aren't that difficult. Annoying sometimes, but not difficult.

Ane whey they say combat is slow, they aren't kidding. You will wait for quite some time as mobs take their time moving, civilians flee, etc. Also, you will see enemies that you shouldn't see. Sometimes it will be difficult to see where you are going because of isometric occlusion, and the devs sometimes used that occlusion to hide things.

You should try theg ames if you like, but they are hardly perfect.
Ella Loapaga

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 pm

thanks for the advise
think im gonna give it a shot
Bedford White

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:00 am

They aren't that difficult. Annoying sometimes, but not difficult.

Compared to Fallout 3, there's a huge difficulty gap between the classics and F3. You basicly do not know where to go at first. You have some pointers, but if you decide not to follow those pointers, you'll need to find other ways to get to your main objective, which is something I love about the two games.
At least you don't get the Fallout 3 GPS :P

And if you make a scientist/intellectual character, combat can be very very difficult. I remember running in circles while Sulik killed the creatures/NPCs for me because I couldn't fire a gun. :)
Kate Murrell

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Compared to Fallout 3, there's a huge difficulty gap between the classics and F3. You basicly do not know where to go at first. You have some pointers, but if you decide not to follow those pointers, you'll need to find other ways to get to your main objective, which is something I love about the two games.
At least you don't get the Fallout 3 GPS :P

And if you make a scientist/intellectual character, combat can be very very difficult. I remember running in circles while Sulik killed the creatures/NPCs for me because I couldn't fire a gun. :)

Pointers? It seemed prrtty obvious to me, in both games. I suppsoe difficulty is in the eye of the beholder.
Connie Thomas

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Originals are, as stated, more strategy-centered games. What you do, how you come to a town, do you call Lynette as "First Citizen Lynette" or just "Lynette" will affect the results. If you like 3D FPS carnage, the originals may not be the games for you, but most people find the originals as good, even better games.

Plus, the classics got waaaay better voice acting, storyline and it has much more random and funny material in it.
Liv Staff

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:24 am

I loved the first Fallout when it came out. I tried playing it again recently after spending a lot of time on 3 and really couldn't get into it. Never played the second one though.
Shirley BEltran

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:32 pm

Considering how old Fallout 1 and 2 are getting you shouldn't expect much graphics wise. If you are interested in the story and how they compair to Fallout 3 then I would suggest checking it out.
Kelly Upshall

Return to Fallout Series Discussion