Where to get Fallout 1 and 2?

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:14 am

I've played Fallout 3 and I'm still playing it. But I want to play the classics, the originals, what made Fallout what it is now. Does anyone know where I can get it for free? If I have to pay I will if there is no place that has it free :|
Tamara Dost

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 pm

I've played Fallout 3 and I'm still playing it. But I want to play the classics, the originals, what made Fallout what it is now. Does anyone know where I can get it for free? If I have to pay I will if there is no place that has it free :|

I assume you mean legally....

Gametap.com
Lucky Boy

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:03 am

GoGamer.com is also a source
Laura Cartwright

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:45 am

GoGamer.com is also a source

This - it was inexpensive and they make it so it works on XP and Vista - very helpful and easy to use service. Only it's http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/
Enny Labinjo

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:31 am

The games do need some help to work properly on XP.

Thanks to Timeslip for making this happen :)
danni Marchant

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 pm

I felt the same way before FO3 came out, it looked cool so I bought the classics first and then my 360 exploded so now all I got is the classics...
anyways, I got Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics all in one $15.00 package from Amazon.com., it's called the White Lable Fallout Collection. It's f*****ng bad**s. All three games cheap, and I'm running XP and I have no difficulties.
Cameron Garrod

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 am

A little cool internet side called Good Old Games also has it; it has Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. It is made by the same people that made The Witcher. (CD RED Project)
Amy Melissa

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 pm

I felt the same way before FO3 came out, it looked cool so I bought the classics first and then my 360 exploded so now all I got is the classics...
anyways, I got Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics all in one $15.00 package from Amazon.com., it's called the White Lable Fallout Collection. It's f*****ng bad**s. All three games cheap, and I'm running XP and I have no difficulties.

Same package from GAME for only ?9.99 over here in britain and they all work fine on a Vista Home Premium!!!
Rachel Briere

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:11 am

I found n? 1 in the second-hand store today and I must say that it's really addicting but at the start the controls are really difficult. I feel bad that I weren't there at the start of the series but back than I was 6 years and I only played mario on a gray brick.

Damn, those radscorpions in those caves are hard!
Isabella X

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:54 am

I assume you mean legally....

Gametap.com

Don't. Gametap versions of games aren't exactly off-the-shelf, they're wrapped up in Gametap's DRM so tight it's hard to even tell where the game ends and gametap begins. Which means forget about applying patches, mods, etc. And the patches for Fallout were pretty important. Not to mention mods, particularly for Fallout 2.

GoG.com's versions, however, are just fine, as are the ones bought directly from Interplay.

I think the "White Label" fallout pack is actually the UK versions, which means they need patching to fix a couple bugs exclusive to that release, but can be brought up to snuff easily enough.
Sammygirl

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:43 pm

I think you can get them on Steam correct?
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:42 am

Don't. Gametap versions of games aren't exactly off-the-shelf, they're wrapped up in Gametap's DRM so tight it's hard to even tell where the game ends and gametap begins. Which means forget about applying patches, mods, etc. And the patches for Fallout were pretty important. Not to mention mods, particularly for Fallout 2.

GoG.com's versions, however, are just fine, as are the ones bought directly from Interplay.

I think the "White Label" fallout pack is actually the UK versions, which means they need patching to fix a couple bugs exclusive to that release, but can be brought up to snuff easily enough.

I only mentioned it because requested it for free...
Pixie

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:15 am

I only mentioned it because requested it for free...

Ebay.
Elena Alina

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Since when has Ebay been a repositroy of free items?
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:18 am

I've been playing Fallout 2 for the past couple of months in preparation for my new computer (picking up the last parts on Friday!). I lost my copy from high school, so I borrowed a friend's copy from back then. If you are going to play Fallout 2, google and download the unofficial patch. There were lots of bugs in the original release that had to be patched.
Brιonα Renae

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 am

I never knew that Fallout had patches or updates! That's so cool! Can anyone give me some links?
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 am

I found n? 1 in the second-hand store today and I must say that it's really addicting but at the start the controls are really difficult. I feel bad that I weren't there at the start of the series but back than I was 6 years and I only played mario on a gray brick.

Damn, those radscorpions in those caves are hard!

get the radscorpions at the limit of your guns range and pop one into it the use the rest of your action points to back away repeat over and over don't tangle with more than one at a time unless you put your luck up
Matt Bigelow

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Yeah, luck actually helps a lot in this game, I think Fallout appreciates luck more than any other game.
Nikki Hype

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 am

I never knew that Fallout had patches or updates! That's so cool! Can anyone give me some links?

Here's a pretty good guide for all the best patches to apply to your games in order to get the most out of your Fallout experience. The links don't work however, as TeamX seemed to have gone under or something, but it's still a good reference point and everything they and others have done are all hosted on NMA.

http://donttellmetheending.com/2008/05/26/guide-to-installing-fallout-1-and-2/

Here are direct links to where you can get all that stuff:

Fallout 1 patches - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=12
Fallout 2 patches - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=16
Fallout Tactics patches - http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=20
Sarah Knight

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:15 am

You would want to install Killap's Unofficial Patch as well. It fixes many many things i.e. bugs in the games. As well as puts in some other stuff, I believe.
Rob Davidson

Return to Fallout Series Discussion