Evil in Fallout 2

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:53 pm

I am a slaver, with negative karma. This has a very negative effect on my game: Nobody will join my quest, and gameplay is harder in many smaller aspects.

Would it be worth it to become good guy again, and if I do, how will Slaver trait affect the game?
Jack

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

I am a slaver, with negative karma. This has a very negative effect on my game: Nobody will join my quest, and gameplay is harder in many smaller aspects.

Would it be worth it to become good guy again, and if I do, how will Slaver trait affect the game?

I think what you're suggesting is pretty much impossible, what with that nice looking tattoo on your forehead. You've made a decision, stick with it. Maybe the game will get challenging, especially looking for quests to do will be hard, but it leaves you with all the more satisfaction when you finish the game as an evil bastard slaver. At least you had to do an effort to get that far.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24 am

Well, being evil is easy since you can shoot a shopkeeper if you want some guns and don't need to worry the karma hit, especially in Reno :D
Darlene Delk

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, being evil is easy since you can shoot a shopkeeper if you want some guns and don't need to worry the karma hit, especially in Reno :D

True, but leveling up can become a problem. Since most questgivers won't give you a quest if you're a slaver (doesn't really have much to do with you being evil, more with your slaver reputation) it's harder to gain experience. So unless you have high weapon skills and very good equipment to go kill deathclaws, enclave troops, centaurs, floaters, aliens and fire gecko's, you can have a hard time leveling up and getting by killing the weaker opponents.
Britney Lopez

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:19 pm

There are many questgivers (like all of them in Reno) that don't care about you being a slaver.
megan gleeson

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 pm

Sure there are, but most of those questgivers also give their quests to good guys. That leaves an evil character with less experience to earn. Of course an evil character doesn't want to do a quest that makes him do good deeds anyway, but still. Ahh never mind, I don't really know where I'm going with this :blink:
Sharra Llenos

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 am

Do they care in NCR? Except the anti-slavers ofcourse.
Tandi's Vault 15 quest gives nice XP and money, and I'd like to do that.
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:51 am

Too bad we cant get the Slave tat removed in New Reno
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Oi, another problem.

I took the Big fat Jesus Mordino's quests and I am in the second where I gotta collect money from Corsicans. However, due to my Slaver status, the Corsican won't talk to me.
Killing him is not allowed and I wouldn't want to since I can't make easy porm money if he's dead.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Oi, another problem.

I took the Big fat Jesus Mordino's quests and I am in the second where I gotta collect money from Corsicans. However, due to my Slaver status, the Corsican won't talk to me.
Killing him is not allowed and I wouldn't want to since I can't make easy porm money if he's dead.

That ones easy. Become a Made Man of some other family talk to the brothers then kill the family your a made man of. Your now not a made man, simple
james reed

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Worked, thanks.
Motionsharp

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:08 pm

I always found it easier earlier being a slaver - You are better equiped thanks to the cash.
Robert Bindley

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Damn.
I realy wanted to stay evil, but doing major quests increased Karma. I even massacred whole cities but my Karma got only bigger. Now I'm a champion with 300+ Karma.

'Guess that the hard part in evilness is not surviving as it, but staying as it.
Jack Bryan

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Damn.
I realy wanted to stay evil, but doing major quests increased Karma. I even massacred whole cities but my Karma got only bigger. Now I'm a champion with 300+ Karma.

'Guess that the hard part in evilness is not surviving as it, but staying as it.

Maybe there are some quests you haven't done on the evil side. My current character is a level 20 slaver/child killer/grave digger (Helps lowering karma)/pormstar and every other six-related perks with -300 karma.
What really lowered my karma is the Modoc quest where you must investigate on the nearby "ghost farm".
Spoiler
The innocent Slugs there didn't live to see the next sunlight after they dared capture me.

Another trick, be rude to everyone (Except the goodfellas at New Reno). Even if it blocks a goodie two shoes quest. My Slaver, although he
Spoiler
slain the raiders camp and blew up Gecko,
can't be accepted by Citizen Lynette. So I simply called her a [censored] and went on my way.
Reputation wise, my character is mostly vilified or neutral. He's only idolized and liked in The Den and New Reno.

Spoiler
By the way, eliminating the Wrights family in New Reno will give you negative karma. Just don't kill the children or New Reno will hate you. Eliminating the other families will give you good karma.

I did not slaughter whole towns. (
Spoiler
Only the Ghost Farm, including the children
).
Liii BLATES

Return to Fallout Series Discussion