Forceflee And Topic Result Script

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi. As you may have gathered from the title, I have an NPC with a dialog topic. There are several reposnses in the Topic, but Id like one of them to have the NPC finish speaking (Albeit silently) and then suddenly exit the dialog and run away to a different cell within the house.

Iv used the GoodBye option on the response, which works and closes the dialog. However, the result script for this response is for the NPC to run off. Iv used:

NPCRef.ForceFlee TargetCell

Any ideas why my NPC is not running off?

Cheers

MVK
WYatt REed

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:31 pm

IIRC, forceFlee has issues when called outside of combat. I suggest that you add a travel package to them instead.
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Hmm, cheers shadeMe, that's a shame! Okay, Travel Package it is!

Cheers

MVK
Katie Samuel

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:19 pm

A little update. I cant get this work reliably at all!

Adding a travel package is not a problem, but for some reason my NPC does not turn and run off, but instead usually walks, and often doesn't even reach the location they are sent to! Must reach and always run ARE turned on!

Scenario: The player speaks with the NPC. The NPC responses are random, but one of them should break off the conversation and the NPC should run in terror, either randomly around the house or through a door and into the basemant. In either case the NPC should not be running in terror all the time, just for a little while, so for example until an XMarker in the basemant is reached etc.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

Cheers

MVK
Nims

Return to IV - Oblivion