anvil oblivion gate on top of arkay or mara

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:52 am

hello everyone , i have a difficulty , the oblivion gate of anvil opened on top of the arkay or mara srine for the quest of praying at the shrine... i cant pray because the oblivion gate destroyed it when it open,
first : will i be able to pray at the shrine when the oblivion gate close ?

second : i cant seem to find a way to the main tower in the oblivion gate, the hate tunnel finish whit a door that say it goes nowhere and the other door the ash something ... is no better.
i went into the two smaler tower but they dont go anywher either , i suppose i am missing something, but i cant see where or what.

thank you for your repply and help
cause im stuck :confused: <_<
Allison C

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm

The Anvil shrine is gone once that gate settles in place. See http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:Wayshrines_idiosyncrat.jpg for the locations of alternates.

See if http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Random_Oblivion_World_7 link helps you in navigating the gate.
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:55 pm

it is still possible to pray even if the gate is open, part of the shrine is still sticking up from the ground
Claire Jackson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 pm

thanks fort your answer ill try them. :wink_smile:
Aaron Clark

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:53 pm

hello everyone , i have a difficulty , the oblivion gate of anvil opened on top of the arkay or mara srine for the quest of praying at the shrine... i cant pray because the oblivion gate destroyed it when it open,
first : will i be able to pray at the shrine when the oblivion gate close ?

Each god has at least 3 shrines, sometimes 4. So if you can't pray at that one you'll just need to find one someplace else. And it's Mara BTW.
Jessica White

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:18 pm

The Mara shrine on the KOTN quest map is the one west of Skingrad but the third one will also work. You can't pray at the one near Anvil once the gate opens on it. Those daedra have NO respect! There's a Kynareth shrine east of Skingrad that remains active even after the gate opens on it.

The Arkay shrine on the map is NE of the Brina Cross inn and is never affected by a gate.

Mara
Emilie M

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm

... the hate tunnel finishes with a door that says it goes nowhere ...

Doors that say they go nowhere are a problem as all the doors are supposed to connect to another cell. In many cases, the tunnels have random doors that link tunnel sections in an order that is determined when you enter. If that mechanism bugged, then no random section was selected, and you'll have to reload a save.
Jesus Sanchez

Return to IV - Oblivion