links to forum don't work

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:18 am

Dear moderators,

I've started to play Fallout 3 but I'm experiencing a constant stuttering throughout the whole game. When looking for a solution I came across one of your topics: troubleshooting tips which lists multiple solutions. But the problem is it references to other posts BUT they will not load. I constantly get an error message. This also happens if I follow the link from others places on the internet. Hopefully you can help me and I will be possible to play the game without this annoying stuttering (it constantly freezes for a very short period and doesn't run smooth although I have a new and powerful pc (i5processor, ati radeon HD 5450). Thx for the help!
Trista Jim

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Dear moderators,

I've started to play Fallout 3 but I'm experiencing a constant stuttering throughout the whole game. When looking for a solution I came across one of your topics: troubleshooting tips which lists multiple solutions. But the problem is it references to other posts BUT they will not load. I constantly get an error message. This also happens if I follow the link from others places on the internet. Hopefully you can help me and I will be possible to play the game without this annoying stuttering (it constantly freezes for a very short period and doesn't run smooth although I have a new and powerful pc (i5processor, ati radeon HD 5450). Thx for the help!

You have a multi-threaded CPU. Try the "quad core fix".

Go to My Documents>My Games>Fallout3 and open up the .ini file. *Never go to the Fallout directory and edit the Fallout_Default_ini*

Locate the line that says
bUseThreadedAI=2

and change that to=1
then right below it add this
iNumHWThreads=2

As to overall performance, try setting the graphics settings at around medium. That video card is not really a gaming card, and meant for too intensive games.
Quick Draw III

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi Starforce 9,

Wow, my brandnew computer can't handle a game that's 2 years old. Oh my god, what a disappointment! By the way my RAM-memory is 8 GB. (how bad or good is my computer?)
Anyway I changed the settings as described by you (by the way bUseThreadedAI=2 was standard at 0 with me). At first I thought it might work a bit, but eventually nothing changed. So it must be something else

These microlags happen more often when I look around than when running in a straight line. And enemies don't move smoothly but shocky. Especially when they move fast like the ghouls. So it's harder too aim and annoying. For illustration when an enemy walks in a straight line it 'jumps' from place to place.

Hopefully you can give me a final fix with which it all goes away, because this game is just too much fun to play and it's sad when it can't be enjoyed.
Everardo Montano

Return to Fallout 3