favorite moments

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:09 pm

i have to say the part during The Blessing of Talos quest where all the knights are charging from the priory to the temple (i always go with them and never fast travel)

i also like it when oblivion gates are closed

how about you guys?
Maria Leon

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:31 pm

I loooove closing Oblivion Gates. It's like "In your face, Dagon!" And those sigil stones are a great bonus. :)

I love going to Cloud Ruler Temple and talking to Martin. It's such a great character and I'm a big Sean Bean fan. I'm sad at the end but ever hopeful that he'll return in some form some day. He can't be gone.

This last game I was happy the Glarthir quest came out right. I messed it up before and he killed Toutius sixtius! :o
Bitter End

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 am

I was just replying to a query about the Main Quest and it brought back this memory:

When you have your kit all ready, and all your allies are ready, and you are in the Chapel in Bruma for that tense meeting before going to kick Dremora ass, and you walk out of the Chapel, down through the streets through a cheering throng, and then go outside to assemble with your battle group.... And then Martin's speech. I've been playing since release, but it still brings a sense of excitement, adrenaline and great anticipation for the fight ahead. They created the mood supercalifragilistically fantastic. :foodndrink: I always scream,"For Kvatch!" or "For the Empire!" out loud on my couch, when I pull out my weapon.
Michael Russ

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:57 pm

For me it is during the battle to clear Kvatch. Matius sends you back to find a back way into the castle, and when you step in the chapel there are http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/subrosa_florens/oblivion/Oblivion482.jpg waiting for you who say "we saw the fires from the road and came to help." It always gives me this great feeling, like the Army of Light is indeed on the march!
ZANEY82

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:28 pm

I no longer feel this, because he is an annoying mud crab, but when I first finished the Arena, and the Adoring Fan came up to me, I just felt proud.
Also when Sir Thedret gives his speech after you complete KotN, I just felt fantastic. Another one would be when I closed the great gate and the timer came up saying 'You have 8 minutes left', I felt above Lord Dagon and like I was removing his teeth with a hacksaw.
Austin England

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Before the knights of the nine rush in for the final battle with Umaril I like to walk amongst my troops and give a speech. I do the same for the battle of bruma.
Emma

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 am

My favorite moment was when Martin sacrifaced himself so that he could call Akatosh and defeat Mehrunes Dagon :flamethrower:
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Favourite moment? First time walking up to Bruma ^_^
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 am

I have been playing since the day this game was released on Xbox 360, and the first awe-inspiring moment came in the intro video when it shows that panoramic view of the Imperial City (splendid visuals for 2006). Also, I love the KotN march to the place where Umaril lives, and the salute from the Bruma townspeople before the Great Gate quest.
Dawn Farrell

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Favourite moment? Well, i have three moments, all of them are sort of grand, take-your-breath-away moments, because nothing else can compare.

1) The first time you play the game and you come out of the prison. You see across the lake, to the ruin beyond and the hills and mountains and a shiver runs down your spine as you think of all the loot and monsters that are waiting for you, and you get an urge to run, just to run and throw yourself among the trees and soak up all the atmosphere you can.

2) The moment when you first enter an Oblivion gate. You see before you Hell -- flaming trees, burnt ground, hot lava, demonic creatures, an unholy spire and alien plants and you wonder, not for the last time, why it is you just agreed to help Savlian. And then drawing your sword, steeling your nerves and charging forth, slaying scamps without mercy and praying to whatever gods can hear you for the blessings of the Nine.

3) The moment when the waiting room to get into the Shivering Isles dissappears and as the butterflys fly away, you see the strange sky, the twisted plants, skewed colors and the whole alien world and you wonder where you are, what kind of strange, twisted, manical and demented world you're in.
ezra

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am

I have been playing since the day this game was released on Xbox 360, and the first awe-inspiring moment came in the intro video when it shows that panoramic view of the Imperial City (splendid visuals for 2006). Also, I love the KotN march to the place where Umaril lives, and the salute from the Bruma townspeople before the Great Gate quest.

Yes. I love this. My son starts new games constantly. I get to see it a lot.

2) The moment when you first enter an Oblivion gate. You see before you Hell -- flaming trees, burnt ground, hot lava, demonic creatures, an unholy spire and alien plants and you wonder, not for the last time, why it is you just agreed to help Savlian. And then drawing your sword, steeling your nerves and charging forth, slaying scamps without mercy and praying to whatever gods can hear you for the blessings of the Nine.

3) The moment when the waiting room to get into the Shivering Isles dissappears and as the butterflys fly away, you see the strange sky, the twisted plants, skewed colors and the whole alien world and you wonder where you are, what kind of strange, twisted, manical and demented world you're in.

Both of these two. I had forgotten about the butterfly room! Nicely worded on the Oblivion Gate. It's almost inspired me to start the Main Quest, I was going to wait until level 30 or so....
Sasha Brown

Return to IV - Oblivion