Suggestions for the Devs (to never read)

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Well, since the game is around a year away they are probably mostly done adding features, but I thought this thread would be useful for the fans to bounce ideas off each other. A couple of guidelines about ideas:

1. Nothing that obviously won't be in the game because of ESRB issues (IE, no nudity, killing children, etc.)
2. Let's stick to core gameplay, everyone knows we want as much territory, as many NPCs and pieces of equipment as possible.
3. Not everyone was giddy about Oblivion (myself included) but this isn't really the thread to talk about that.

So this is my idea:

People were complaining about Bethesda's skill system being really general. Blade makes you really good at two handed swords as well as daggers, Blunt makes you good at AXES (what?). Rather than adding a bunch of skills that are really specific and bloat the character customization, which Bethesda clearly doesn't want to do, you could have the normal numeral like Oblivion as well as a bar. For blunt the bar would look like this:

Blunt: 56 ///-/// Hammers/staves |_______v________| Axes

If you use predominantly axes for a few hours of gameplay the marker would get closer to Axe, and you'd get a bonus to axe damage as well as a penalty for hammers. So lets say you start out by mostly using hammers, and max out hammers. Then you get a great axe. So you use the axe for a few hours of combat and you end up becoming specialized in axes instead. This could also work for swords/daggers, AOE/single target destruction spells, block with shields/weapons, potion/poison in alchemy, etc. This has the advantage of allowing specialization as well as being easily understood.
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 am

There is already an official
http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1148993-official-skyrim-suggestions-and-ideas-1/
Post here.
Paula Ramos

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:43 am

There are over 9000 suggestion threads man.
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 am

There's an existing thread that might be more suitable for this kind of discussion: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1148993-official-skyrim-suggestions-and-ideas-1/

Edit: Sorry, ninja'd by Ni!
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:54 pm

eh, im more interested in the freedom the game will offer us...

TES is supposed to be all about freedom, exploring... but things were kinda restricted in oblivion, there were so many doors that couldnt be opened unless you had a specific key, even if you were a mighty mage with all ranges of spells...

i want to be able to blast open any door i want [well, not literally blast them in, but you know what i mean] and be able to enter any building i want at any time, like in morrowind!

i want to be able to do whatever i want, whenever i want!

not to mention, many of those doors didnt even have a key that existed in-game! that is just... wrong!

also, im sick of the hand-holding oblivion had... if they want to put that compass and hand-holding stuff back in, atleast give us more hardcoe TES fans the ability to turn it off!

i dont want to put tape over my screen, since i finally got an HDTV... and i cant stop my eyes from looking at something thats right in front of me.

thats... pretty much all im gonna request from the developers for now, cause thats the major thing i want, FREEDOM!

oh, maybe the ability to drop quest items, too... because that also svcked in oblivion, since certain items were counted as quest items, when they really werent... and after some quests, items would be left in your inventory, but stay as quest items... leading to your inventory getting cluttered with useless junk.

ok, THAT is all i want... freedom, no hand-holding [or the ability to turn it off, atleast], and be allowed to drop quest items... all very simple requests.

...also, why the hell was my topic on this same exact subject deleted? -_-
Anna Watts

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Didn't see that thread somehow, looked at first few pages of the forum. I'd close the thread myself but that's not an option on this board.
JD bernal

Return to V - Skyrim