Jerky Mouse Movements

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 am

Hello,

I've been experiencing some strange stuttering/frame skipping whenever I pan the camera from side to side. This isn't due to poor performance, as I can run the game on ultra settings at 1080p, 4xAA, 16xAF and my FPS rarely drops below 60 with v-sync enabled. This is all on Win 7 64 bit. Apart from the stutter, I'm yet to experience any crashes in Win 7.

I've tried setting iFPSclamp=60 to see if it's the infamous microstutter a lot of people are reporting, but this doesn't help. The only mod I have running is the Fallout stutter remover, but disabling that doesn't help either. But if I plug in my Xbox 360 controller and pan the camera the stuttering is gone. Disabling controller support in game doesn't work. I've also tried installing the game on my XP partition and the stutter isn't present, but I'd rather not have to boot into XP every time I want to play the game, also the stutter remover doesn't work quite as well on XP I've noticed.

I can't think for the life of me what could be causing this problem, theres nothing wrong with my mouse which works fine with all other games. Has anybody experienced this before and or know what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Specs listed below.

Intel E8400 @ 3.83Ghz
XFX 750i SLI
4GB OCZ 800Mhz
Asus 5850 1GB @ 980/1200Mhz
Hi-Power 800W PSU
Onboard Audio
vicki kitterman

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello,

I've been experiencing some strange stuttering/frame skipping whenever I pan the camera from side to side. This isn't due to poor performance, as I can run the game on ultra settings at 1080p, 4xAA, 16xAF and my FPS rarely drops below 60 with v-sync enabled. This is all on Win 7 64 bit. Apart from the stutter, I'm yet to experience any crashes in Win 7.

I've tried setting iFPSclamp=60 to see if it's the infamous microstutter a lot of people are reporting, but this doesn't help. The only mod I have running is the Fallout stutter remover, but disabling that doesn't help either. But if I plug in my Xbox 360 controller and pan the camera the stuttering is gone. Disabling controller support in game doesn't work. I've also tried installing the game on my XP partition and the stutter isn't present, but I'd rather not have to boot into XP every time I want to play the game, also the stutter remover doesn't work quite as well on XP I've noticed.

I can't think for the life of me what could be causing this problem, theres nothing wrong with my mouse which works fine with all other games. Has anybody experienced this before and or know what could be causing it?

Thanks in advance for any help. Specs listed below.

Intel E8400 @ 3.83Ghz
XFX 750i SLI
4GB OCZ 800Mhz
Asus 5850 1GB @ 980/1200Mhz
Hi-Power 800W PSU
Onboard Audio

laila hassan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

Hi

I got the same problem with both Vista 64 bit and Win 7 64 bit. This was nothing to do with loading stutters in outdoor areas which is a game engine weakness so your stutter remover and clamp trick won't work. It happened in both indoor and outdoor cells and was extremely annoying. It seems to be a problem with these operating systems as the game was designed for XP 32 bit. I don't think there is any point using the others anyway as they can't use the larger amounts of system RAM 64 bit systems give in this game due to its design. I've been playing the game for 60 hours plus by dual booting onto my XP 32 bit partition and haven't had a single instance of this mouse lag/stutter so I suggest you do the same.

Regards

Mag
anna ley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:38 am

I had the exact same problem, the fix is really simple.

program files > fallout 3 > right click the exe go to compatibility and tick the boxes 'Disable visual themes' and 'disable desktop composition' also tick run program as an administrator'

this should fix the stuttering for you
Claire

Return to Fallout 3