Character presentation

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:27 pm

I sort of stole this idea, but hopefully that′s ok. The thread was about your current character in Oblivion, a presentation of him/her and I thought it would be fun to do a similar thread about your Morrowind character. You can write as you wish, you don′t have to follow my lead :)

Here′s my character

Race: Nord
Name: Karl the Northener
Hometown: Used to be Seyda Neen, but now Thirsk
Guilds: Thieves and Mages

When he came to Seyda Neen and was released for an offense he wasn′t guilty of, he immediatly started searching for ways to get back to Skyrim. He trained his combat and magic skills for a while on easy targets such as mudcrabs before exploring the rest of Vvardenfell, searching for the means to get back. Of all the towns and settlements he likes Caldera best. He doesn′t care for the politics between the Houses, neither does he work too hard for the guilds. He likes to live his life by his own terms, not by the terms of others.
After having been on Vvardenfell for quite some time he decided to go to Solstheim. He had heard so much about it and it sounded like his home in Skyrim and thought it would be interesting to have a look.
He did not regret it. The moment he set foot on the small island he knew that this was his place. He doesn′t care for Vvardenfell anymore, nor for Skyrim.

He′s currently residing in Thirsk′s meadhall, where he found his wife in Svenja, but will make his way to Skaal in due time. Whatever happens to him, at least he knows he′s found his new home
Lory Da Costa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Oh yay, one of these for the Morrowind-side of things as well! :celebration:

I have one character whom I play actively in Morrowind, and one who has moved from Morrowind to Cyrodiil somewhere around four years ago. I still consider the one who moved (over to Oblivion, actually) my main playable character, so I'll start with her... I'll just copypaste from the Oblivion-thread, as it's the same character. I'll stick the spoiler-thing here, because the following text is a huuuge wall or text.

Spoiler
My main character Calacirya Aranwe, a Wood Elf female, has been with me for at least 6-7 years, since the first time I ever played Morrowind. That being so, her history was kind of a mystery even to me until I got more into lore (= I concocted it up after already playing her for quite some time). She was born in Valenwood a long, long time ago, but being an elf is still looking pretty good for all her old age. She's the daughter of a wealthy elven family, but was separated from them in an accident and sent to Vvardenfell. There, she became Hortator and Nerevarine, joined House Hlaalu, became Fighters Guild Grandmaster... as well as fell in love with an assassin of the Morag Tong, who pulled her into the assassin's guild along with him. She has an apparent talent for killing, so she became Grandmaster for the Morag Tong but was shortly after forced to leave Vvardenfell when her involvement with the Morag Tong was publicized by someone within the guild wishing to dispose of her. She came to Cyrodiil and was immediately swept up in the Oblivion crisis, being the very ambitious person she is - she has a lust for power and wealthiness, and really wanted to get it back after everything went wrong in Vvardenfell. She became Champion of Cyrodiil, ranked up in the Fighters Guild and took a little trip over to Shivering Isles, re-emerging as the Duchess of Mania and Sheogorath. Great, back on track with the wealthiness and power and fame! Until she recieved a letter from an old friend in Vvardenfell, telling her that the person who had originally betrayed her involvement in the Morag Tong was the man she had loved. Calacirya get mad easily and has a bit of a temper, so she went and joined the Dark Brotherhood just out of spite, knowing that the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood really don't get along very well. She's now the Listener and is plotting her revenge on the Morag Tong of Vvardenfell, who's Grandmaster is rumored to be none other then her old lover.

As a person, Calacirya's ambitious and really loves to live luxuriously. She can't stand being poor or weak, and even though she can be a steel-hard assassin at times she's a very loyal friend and has numerous soft spots. She loves to have pets and takes very good care of them - she's had numerous pets from the day I learned you could have them in Morrowind. She's spiteful and vicious when angered, and doesn't forgive or forget anything easily. She has questionable morals, but will always do things to make up for past wrongs she's committed. Calacirya's religious tendencies tip towards Daedra worship, and Sanguine and Azura are the two she actively worships. She's an excellent Marksman and prefers stealthy attacks to full-on charging into battle. In close combat she prefers a longsword. She always wears various light armor, and prefers Ebony as her main weapon type.

http://kauhumieli.net/troya/OB/calacirya-morrowind1.bmp, I just found a really really really old screenie from waaay back.

My other Morrowind character is a custom race Golden Saint named Rosayle (pun'd... I'm not very good with character names, to be honest :P). She's also completed the MQ for Morrowind, Bloodmoon and Tribunal, and she's currently living in a house in Mournhold. She's the goody-goody type of character, who'll kill only when it's absolutely necessary and who doesn't steal - so no Morag Tong or Thieves Guild for this lady. She's pretty high in the Mages Guild (might be Arch-Mage... I honestly can't remember right off the bat atm :blush:) as well as in House Telvanni (Tel Uvirith is almost finished, and we're really proud of it ^_^), and she's currently considering joining Fighters Guild and the Temple. Imperial Legion is also a possibility.

Rosayle's honest and modest, and doesn't aspire to be the leader of every faction she joins. She's really quite content to plod along at lower ranks, if the next quest she'd get isn't really exciting to her or feels unmoral - she's not really strict on the whole "morals" thing, but she has some kind of a moral center, even though her opinions on a lot of subjects are pretty controversial. She loves shiny and pretty objects, so mostly she's a collector of unique and pretty items. Her house is full of pets as well as memorabilia and other object-crap.

Rosayle's fighting tecniques are really similar to Calacirya's. She prefers darts and throwing knives to any other form of weapon, but when engaged in close combat will grab a longsword. She hardly ever uses shields, but instead has a whole bunch of Reflect spells going on (Constant Effect). She uses magic and melee in a balanced way, and enjoys Illusion, long-range Destruction and Conjuration spells especially.

She http://kauhumieli.net/troya/OB/rosayle1.bmp http://kauhumieli.net/troya/OB/rosayle2.bmp http://kauhumieli.net/troya/OB/rosayle-morrowind.bmp.

Well, that's my girls. :)
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:51 am

OK, here goes:

My current Char is a female Argonian warrior-type named (creatively) "Lizzie".

Level 25 (or so) Combat-custom
Major: HArm, Unarm, Armorer, Dest, Myst
Minor: LBlade, Axe, Merc, Alch, Rest

She is born under The Lady and has a bonus in Int and Luck (which are pretty hard to raise, I think)

She maxed out End before level 20. The only attributes that are not high are WillPower and Luck.

She is attempting to have 3 weapon proficiencies (2 minor and 1 misc!) with the result that the highest is level 75 or so, and the others are less than 50. Magic does not interest Lizzie except for teleporting and soultrapping, neither used very often.

She is a fun-loving, somewhat law-abiding self-governed policewoman. After the early levels were spent gaining attribute points in Str, End and Sp, she got busy on the MQ, finishing up the first leg with Divayth Fyr around level 7, and then quit. Her main activity since then has been clearing out bandit caves and selling the Skooma and booze to Creeper. She has cleared out about 2/3 of the caves, as best I can guess. She avoids tombs and Telvanni dungeons, and hasn't spent much time in Dwemer ruins. Yet.

She has joined up with Hlaalu, for no particular reason, and also the three Imperial Guilds. She is a high-ranking member of the Cult, but has not joined the Legion, as she does not enjoy taking orders. Needless to say, she will not be joining the Temple, either. Her favorite activity is clearing out the brigands and selling their stuff, weapons to the Fighters Guild, black market goods to Creeper.

She fights half-armored, or less (currently just a cuirass) and used to rely on potions a bunch. After about level 18, however, she has collected or commissioned enough enchanted things to make life easy: amulets for levitating, teleporting, water-walking, Ring of the Wind, Daedric Axe with big poison damage (to protect against reflection), a Regen Shirt with CE Rest Health, and lots of other fun things.

So, about level 21, she decided to get the MQ over with. Got through stage 4, on to stage 5. After MQ is over, I imagine she will attempt to discover and clean out every other bandit cave on the island. After that: Daedric Ruins!!
Dylan Markese

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Here are my two main characters both Morrowind and Oblivion (they were reincarnated or... whatever. I dunno)

Zephyr is my favorite character to play, who is a Dunmer and a ninja of sorts. He grew up in a small village, which was burned down by Imperials. I won't get into the nit-picky details, but he is using the training his father gave him to seek out vengeance on everyone. His training as a warrior of the darkness taught him to blend into society during the day, but at night he is a violent murderer. He is a master of bows, thrown weapons, and various bladed weapons such as katanas and tantos. He uses any means necessary to kill everyone he can, including becoming a vampire or a werewolf when he sees fit (but not the sissy twilight kind, he manages to pull it off). He refuses to wear any protective armor, if the enemy has a chance to hit him he has already dishonored his family. Rather than bulky armor, he uses his speed and the cover of night to protect him.

Felix is an imperial swashbuckler (kinda). He is brash and arrogant, and will do anything to get money or to get into a woman's pants. His charm and wit can occasionally keep him from harm, but more often than not he must dare to the combat. He occasionally brings a pistol or blunderbuss to battle (mods), but he prefers to use his trusty cutlass. He refuses to wear armor because of his ego; according to him he cannot be killed. Even against battalions of archers he is known for standing calmly, perfectly still as the arrows fly by. Although he seems shallow at first, he manages to live far longer than he should have... it would appear he not only managed to survive the fall of the known world, he also managed to survive the nuclear holocaust. Has he made a deal with a god, granting him eternal youth and immortality? I have yet to find out. (and that's how I explain him also being in Fallout :P)
Frank Firefly

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Troyatz, I see it was your idea I stole and I that you′re cool with it. Kiitos :)
Stephy Beck

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Troyatz, I see it was your idea I stole and I that you′re cool with it. Kiitos :)

Why wouldn't I be? It's a good idea, even if I do say so myself, so one for this side as well is great. Ole hyv?! ;)
RObert loVes MOmmy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 am

Has he made a deal with a god, granting him eternal youth and immortality?

No no no, a character like you described has to make a deal with the Shadow Council over in Oakvale, possibly resulting in that towns destruction as a result of your wishes for eternal youth and immortality. Oh wait, wrong universe.
sam smith

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 pm

No no no, a character like you described has to make a deal with the Shadow Council over in Oakvale, possibly resulting in that towns destruction as a result of your wishes for eternal youth and immortality. Oh wait, wrong universe.

Hell, that sounds good. I've already combined the TES universe and Fallout universe, might as well add the Fable universe XD

...actually my Fable universe was already a part of my Star Wars universe. Whatever, I can add that too. All great games can enter this universe of awesomeness.
Beast Attire

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks for your replies. Anyone else who wants to display their current character?
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Stripped of power and lost in oblivion for centuries, Ashunartes has returned to Vvardenfell to reclaim his http://neon.chem.bg.ac.rs/morrowind/atlas/ashunartes/outside-1.jpg.

A Dark Elf/Reaper, he collects souls, using them to create powerful enchanted items, and he covets every existing enchantment he can find. He has cleared the rabble from his old temple, and now he is traveling to Vivec to reap the soul of a god.
Kat Ives

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 pm

My current character is named Nerev. He's a Dunmer Mage, Womb-burned. He was born in Cheydinhall, but had no family, and was something of a street urchin. He was fascinated by magic, and has an obsession with knowledge and books. He learned what he could from travelers and friends, but wasn't allowed to join the Mage's Guild because he had a reputation as, well, a thief. He has the heart of a true Telvanni; basically he thinks if he can succeed at something, he deserves the fruit of his labor, whether it's legal or not. Frustrated by the Guild, and covetous of their knowledge, he broke into the Guild one night to take whatever books and scrolls he could find, and high tail it out of town. Well, I said he was a thief, but I didn't say he was a good one. He got caught, and ended up rotting in an Imperial Prison.

Once in Vvardenfell, he he saw a world full of opportunity. He became an adventurer, and for a long time ignored his mission to Caius. He rose through the ranks of the Mage's Guild, and joined House Telvanni. He found some good companions, Constance and Julan, and together they have had some excellent adventures. He has been an avid collector of anything magical or Dwemer, and is a bibliophile of the highest order. He currently resides at Tel Uvirith, as the Archmagister of the Telvanni, and is one step away from being Archmagister of the Mage's Guild. Who's laughing now, Cheydinhall?

Vvardenfell has become his home, and he feels a responsibility for it's welfare, and has finally begun the main quest. He has yet to visit Solstheim or Mournhold, and has yet to begin the 'Rise of House Telvanni' mod. There's still alot for him to do.
Nicholas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

My first serious Morrowind character, the Nord Warrior Orgnolf the Strong.
Orgnolf was borin in Skyrim, to a rather well off family, he has a younger sister, and his Father is a Guard, and his Mother a Merchant. On his 16th Birthday, he was asked of where he would like to go. Hearing wonderful tales of Morrowind, he decides ot venture there. A few days after his arrival he gets into a brutal bar fight, He is Arrested, and brought to Vvardenfell. Now, freshly off the ship, he decides to never do wrong again. It got him in a lot of trouble, he is just lucky it didn't cost him more. He is currently embarking on the Main Quest, not knowing what awaits him.

So far, he is a lot of fun.
Bek Rideout

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 pm

What may have been said before, Karl wants to return to his homeland.
He will do so in due time but until then he′ll continue to fight rieklings, spriggans and various bandits.

Anyone else who would like to share their character′s history?
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Alright, here comes a character I created today. Seems like I'm going to like him...

Name: Elvar Saryoni
Race: Dunmer
Sign: The Atronach
Class: Martyr
Specialization: Magic
Fav. Attributes: Intelligence, Willpower
Major Skills: Unarmored, Restoration, Destruction, Mysticism, Long Blade
Minor Skills: Alchemy, Enchant, Alteration, Acrobatics, Spear

The story I wrote into his class description field pretty much tells it all,

Elvar Saryoni is a Martyr, for he was once the Archcanon of the Tribunal Temple but got banished as a result of an evil scheme plotted against him by none other than his younger brother, Archcanon Tholer Saryoni. With his faith in Tribunal burning brighter than ever, Elvar has pledged himself to take back what is rightfully his - the Archcanonship of the Temple in Vvardenfell. Whether he will succeed or sacrifice his life to the Gods while trying remains to be seen.

I am yet to think what Tholer's scheme was, but I think I come up with a story when I'm playing on. When I get to know Elvar a bit more, that is.. :D

He only just joined the Temple, having done some Mages Guild and Redoran quests before it. He wants to be under Redoran's protection while advancing in the Temple ranks, so that his brother cannot openly flame him out again. His brother actually doesn't know he's now free from his framed crimes (whatever those might've been...) and back in Vvardenfell, so he's keeping low profile, doing some independent work in the field as he goes to his pilgrimages and serves his Great House. Healing sick, helping poor, just doing random favors, doing things like that in his kindness. He should join the Imperial Cult at some stage as well. Although there is much good and sense of justice in him, he is blind both in his religion and vengeance. Nothing is more important for him than serving the Tribunal - except maybe getting his revenge on his brother. Brother who took away his position to best serve the Tribunal in the first place...

I'm planning on making him go far in Redoran as well. Thus is Spear one of his minor skills (gonna count for it, Long Blade and Athletics). Possibly no more Mages Guild quests: he's a Journeyman there already, but he can't tolerate everything that's going on there. He uses destructive magic, sure, but only when absolutely needed. And no Conjuration whatsoever, for it's too close to necromancy anyway. He always tries to find a peaceful solution to any problems and generally helps those in need.

I want him to become the Archcanon once again! :D
Spencey!

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Nyome tried not to cry. She even didn't dare to shake her head when Helviane pointed out the door, sending her to House Oran. There was no lower life than being a slave. Well, maybe being a slave in Desele's House of Earthly Delights. Yesterday she had to serve the owner of the slave market. The petite Breton concubine had survived this meeting with the help of three vials of Skooma.

Next morning she came back to Helviane Desele, dirty, tired, sad. But there is no "No" at all when you don't even own your own life.

"There is a Imperial waiting for you upstairs in the room. Clean yourself, then hurry." This time Nyome really cried but tried to hide the tears and slowly walked up the stairs. When she arrived the upper room she heard a very faint sound. Being aware of some danger, Nyome hid in the shadows and watched the assassin coming out the room and disappearing into the dawn. Nearly dying of fear, the curtisane looked into the room. The waiting Imperial was now a dead Imperial.

Some people have the ability to see a chance within a wink. Nyome hadn't survived that long if she wasn't one of them. Taking the Imperials robe and gathered everything else he was hold of, she put her hair in a ponytail, wrapped herself into the oversized robe and was gone through the window.

Her feet were naked but she ran as fast as possible to the Suran docks. The caravaner at the silt strider was a friend of Helviane and would bring her back. But Irmga, the orcish shipmaster, was Nyome's friend. Her brother were a welcome guest, who never hurted her. Sadly he was killed much too early. Irmga managed the situation better than Nyome had expected: "Don't care about the money, dear. You will come back sooner or later and you know I love to help you."

While on the boat, Nyome ransacked the stuff the Imperial owned. She found a paper package and a letter. 'This package has to be brought to Caius Cosades in Balmora. It is very important that it reaches him.' So the Imperial had been some type of errant boy? Maybe there was some money to make. Nyome looked up: "Irmga, can you take me to Balmora?" - The orc smiled: "It's our next stop."

Name: Nyome Vienne
Race: Breton
Sign: The Atronach
Class: http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/507083-character-database/page__st__140__p__11487277#entry11487277
Specialization: Magic
Fav. Attributes: Intelligence, Personality
Major Skills: Unarmored, Speechcraft, Destruction, Illusion, Acrobatics
Minor Skills: Short Blade, Restoration, Alteration, Athletics, Mysticsm

I used Alternate Beginnings - Dancing at Desele's and I have a Suran dock with ship transportation (in addition to the silt strider). I like to roleplay "impossible" characters. My runaway now wears a hood to hide and tries to avoid Hlaalu Towns. Vvardenfell is not safe for her. Once she is able to, she will try to get a house in Mournhold. Till then she tries to stay in Vos and Dagon Fel.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome001.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome003.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome005.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome007.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome008.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome013.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome011.jpg. http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae224/mwscreen/nyome015.jpg
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 pm

I am yet to think what Tholer's scheme was, but I think I come up with a story when I'm playing on.

Actually just read Tholer's article on UESPWiki and found a potential reason for this. I think he just put his name to the Manuscript of Saryoni's Sermons really written by the then-Archcanon Elvar. Tholer then gave the script to his friend, Llirala, for secret safekeeping. She agreed, for she is also corrupted with earthly wealth and had this planned long ago with Tholer to be executed as soon as Sermons are published. As a reward, Llirala also gets a fair percentage from Tholer from the income of the selling copies.

After Tholer put his name on his brother's book, he just accused Elvar of trying to steal his fame, since the first selling edition still contained Elvar's name as it should have. But not the tampered manuscript Tholer showed to the Ordinators! This scandal helped to make the book sell better than any Temple book ever, and already a high-ranked younger Saryoni was thus promoted to Archcanon.

Too lame? :P And why is Llirala still living in a shack even though she's rich now, too? Just not to draw any attention? Why would she agree on that? Is she in love with Tholer or something?! Or has Tholer blackmailed her into this after all? Or maybe she is just a hypocrite who creatively keeps her part of the bargain and never raises any doubts, serving Tribunal as a "poor" monk as she always has.
Jake Easom

Return to III - Morrowind