How to remove duplicated NPCs?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 am

Hi guys,

After naively turning on/off a Vivec-related mod a couple of times, I'm left with NPCs in the vanilla game who exist in "threes". This wouldn't be such a problem just for the lack of immersion, but it's having a massive hit on my FPS.

Is there any way to remove these NPCs using the console? Or using the CS (I haven't used the CS before...) I disabled all my mods using Wrye Mash but the duplicated NPCs still remain

I Googled this but came up with nothing worthwhile, my apologies if this is a common problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
~CovertbIke
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

Go into the console, click on one and type "disable" (without the quotes). If it works like Oblivion, they should disappear.
Danny Blight

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am

Go into the console, click on one and type "disable" (without the quotes). If it works like Oblivion, they should disappear.

Excellent, thank you very much!

I'll give this a go once I get home :)
Emily Rose

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 am

get wyre mash and repair your savegame. it's a lot easier and less time consuming.
Sammygirl500

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Yes, use Wrye Mash, and regularly! Deleting stuff through the console is a quick fix but doesn't correct the underlying problems that cause the duplication. Wrye Mash does fix those and gets ride of the duplicates too.
Kari Depp

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 am

Yes, use Wrye Mash, and regularly! Deleting stuff through the console is a quick fix but doesn't correct the underlying problems that cause the duplication. Wrye Mash does fix those and gets ride of the duplicates too.

Oh I'll use Wrye Mash then!
I'm already using it so it should be a breeze :D

I'm assuming it's: Saves Tab > Right click on save > Repair ???

I'm sure I'll figure out how to do it. :)

Thanks guys you've all been a great help!
Many thanks!
Cheville Thompson

Return to III - Morrowind