Vault Dweller, Chosen one and Lone Wanderer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 am

Well does anyone know what happened to them? Because I really have no idea.
EDIT: I meant them in the title.
Captian Caveman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 am

Well does anyone know what happened to them? Because I really have no idea.
EDIT: I meant them in the title.

Well, if you're just talking about the base game without any of the downloadable content that lets you play after the 'end' which I'm assuming you are, then...I'm not sure. I guess they kind of leave that up to us, don't they? >.>
Jonathan Braz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:14 am

The lives and fates of all three of these characters are left purposely ambiguous. All three of them are essentially the player's character, though unfortunately some details concerning the Vault Dweller were set in stone (male, good karma).
phillip crookes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:15 am

The fate of the Vault Dweller is already known if you played the beginning of Fallout 2 (He died in after settling in Arroyo, and therefore, his items was pass on to the Chosen One).

As for the Chosen One, he's still most likely the leader of New Arroyo, because he should be around 56/57 around the time the Lone Wanderer left Vault 101.

Considering we're still playing FO3, the Lone Wanderer has no fate yet. :E
Micah Judaeah

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

The fate of the Vault Dweller is already known if you played the beginning of Fallout 2 (He died in after settling in Arroyo, and therefore, his items was pass on to the Chosen One).

As for the Chosen One, he's still most likely the leader of New Arroyo, because he should be around 56/57 around the time the Lone Wanderer left Vault 101.

Considering we're still playing FO3, the Lone Wanderer has no fate yet. :E

The original VD left Arroyo and never came back. So no one knows what happened to him. I agree with the Chosen One thing, he/she must still be bossing the place around.
And I'm sure the Lone Wanderer will just live a lonely life of wandering the Wastes, never settling down.
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am

Well i could imagine that the Enclave made use of some alien technology which they may have retrieved from a crashed UFO before the war.
This might explain why they are so much ahead of the Brotherhood. Maybe the new DLC will confirm that idea.

Those strange blue rods that look like fluorescent lamps which you can find on almost all Enclave equipment look a bit like the energy cells for the alien blaster. Maybe the Enclave harnessed or at least partially harnessed a alien method of energy production ?

There is also another strange thing which made me thinking.

In Operation Anchorage , i believe it was that female scribe,... she tells you that she read old logs about that virtual reality simulator and that it seemed to her that the people who built it did not fully understood the technology it utilizes themselves. :blink:

This sounds like they may have succesfully tried to replicate some alien technology which enabled them to built that simulator in the first place.
Tamika Jett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 am

Uh . Please delete my last post. Wrong thread. :D

Dont know how that happened.
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:06 am

Vault Dweller: Exiled from Vault 13, Founded Arroyo, death.
Chosen One: I've never played FO2.
Lone Wanderer:

*Without Downloadable Content: Lone Wanderer can go into the Project Purity and die, or send Sentinel Lyons to do it.
*With Downloadable Content: Lone Wanderer and Lyons survive Project Purity.
Kevin Jay

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 am

The original VD left Arroyo and never came back. So no one knows what happened to him. I agree with the Chosen One thing, he/she must still be bossing the place around.
And I'm sure the Lone Wanderer will just live a lonely life of wandering the Wastes, never settling down.

MY Lone Wanderers gonna settle down with Nova
Tanya

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

VD - I think he left Arroyo, but whatever he decided, he'd be dead by Fallout 2.
CO - He lived out his days in New Arroyo the Hippie Kingdom
LW - Married Sarah Lyons and lived out his days a happy man in Pentagon. That's what I'd expect from him.
Also possible that LW too left the scene. In Fallout 3's (original) ending, assuming you spared yourself, the LW is seen walking to the sunset with(out) Dogmeat.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

My lone Wanderer ended up disappearing from the Capitol Wasteland, all though some whisper that a man with a pip-boy and dog wander in Pitsburgh and Maryland, killing the unrighteous.

-nod- A suitable ending I think...
sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 am

The only way the ending of the Lone Wanderer would matter is if FO4 takes place in or near the Capital Wasteland within his lifetime... if it does, they will probably mention some kind of ending or status for him in the next game, like they did in Oblivion for Morrowind's hero. If I were to write it, I would say he took over the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel along with his partner Sarah Lyons... but who knows what Beth will say.

In other words, it's too early to ask.

As for the originals, I don't remember reading the Vault Dweller left Arroyo... that's news to me. I assumed he died there. The Chosen One I assumed died in New Arroyo.
Albert Wesker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:48 am

Well on my behalf this is what happened to lone wanderer on my comp.....(quick and short)

After making the purity work, he headed back to Tennpenny tower and got him self drunk, really really drunk with Mr. Tennpenny. He was sick and tired about Brotherhood of steel and everything. So many heroic deeds, (and some not so heroic) and nothing in return.....

While drinking Mr. Tennpenny took some shots to wastes and Lone wanderer drank some more...
At some point of the early morning hours Lone wandered puked over the balcony fence and fell.....
At the morning Tennpenny security found him dead at the courtyard of the tower...in a pool of his own vommit... Wearing sixy sleepwear......And a wig.....

So ended the story of lone wanderer... Untill next one emerges from the wault :P
Myles

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 am

My character, after blowing up Megaton, went around looking for more nukes
rebecca moody

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 am

Vault Dweller - founded Arroyo, married, lead Arroyo for many years, wife died, then he left village at the age of 67 and never came back, some say he was "taken by the sky spirits".
The Choosen One - after FO2 events he/she (gender is not known for sure) become new elder of Arroyo, at the time of FO3 events The Choosen One is 56-year old and probably still alive.
The Lone Wanderer - has no set destiny yet, though i agree with The Comedian, he/she probably will never settle down and will wander the Wasteland alone until he/she dies.
MarilĂș

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

My character will wander for most of his life before settling down and marrying a woman of his choosing.
saharen beauty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 am

Vault Dweller: Left Vault-13, met up with other Vault Dwellers who followed in his footsteps, founded Arroyo, settled down, fathered the looney Village Elder. Don't know how a bunch of people from a vault with technological expertise end up devolving into a hippie tribal society, but oh well.

Chosen One: Become new elder of Arroyo, probably died peacefully. Or from STDs, depending on how much time you spent in New Reno.

Lone Wanderer: Don't know.
alicia hillier

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am

as for the Lone Wanderer...I assume he just gets added to a BoS unit...I mean he is inducted into the ranks during broken steel becoming a Knight...so most probably you keep fighting the war against the super mutants.
Austin England

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:10 pm

...and then he gets killed by the far superior western Brotherhood of Steel. :D
Lucy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:10 am

...and then he gets killed by the far superior western Brotherhood of Steel. :D

funny thing is the capital wasteland detachment despite being considered "native" have found the two most powerful pieces of technology..more then the outcasts...Liberty Prime AND the fusion technology that Dr. Li helped them with which powered Liberty...so even though the west might be mad at them I am sure they will "forgive" them because of the awsome tech they have found and well...if they rebuild liberty there is not much in the wastes which can stop them...not even the west chapter.

PS. you assume the west chapter still exists...why is it that the outcasts cannot contact them......
Danial Zachery

Return to Fallout Series Discussion