Trapped in Point LookOut

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 am

Hi, I've been playing through Point Lookout, being able to come and go from the Capital Wasteland as I please (I have a lot of caps), but now I can not get anywhere near the boardwalk area without the game freezing.

I just completed the sidequest with the (Spoiler)Chinese Spy(Spoiler), and I can not fast travel to the ferry or any surrounding areas (as far as the motel) without the game being stuck forever loading and showing slides (interesting note, the slides in this instance are all from the Capital Wasteland, not from Point Lookout). I can not walk to the area, or the game will freeze. I walk onto the docks, the game freezes. I walk near the shops area, the game freezes. If I take only a few steps south from Haley's Hardware, the game freezes.

I can not get anywhere near the ferry or carnival area, its like there is some sort of barrier surrounding the carnival area that will make the game freeze if I cross it. I've never had such an issue before. I've tried continuing to play though Point Lookout, hoping it will go away, but it never does.

Anyone have any ideas?
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:50 am

If all else fails, try disabling PL, save, enable PL, then load that save and start PL from scratch (assuming one can temporarily disable plugins with a PS3). When loading your PL save without PL loaded, you'll probably be warned about missing content. Load anyway and you'll end up in front of Vault 101 with all your non-PL inventory items intact, but everything pertaining to PL will have been reset after saving without PL/reloading said save with PL, so you'll lose any PL specific items. Alternatively, if you have a save from before entering PL/starting its quests, try falling back to an older save.

Might get you around whatever's freezing there...?
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 am

Well, I was reading the other threads, and I tried deleting my Game Save Utility, as well as both my expansions (Broken Steel and PL), then redownloading them, installing them, and redownloading/installing the latest update. I even waited after I loaded my save until the PS3 grew quiet.

I jogged a bit south from Haley's... and it froze. If that didn't work, I don't know what I'll do.
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:39 am

It might be your save itself and not the DLC content. Doing what you've described won't reset *quest/script variables while saving without PL loaded will.

*could very well be the root of the problem
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 am

Ugh, Alright, I'm gonna delete PL and then load up my game... hours wasted. Like I really want to go on the scavenger hunt that is Velvet Curtain again...
natalie mccormick

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 am

If it makes any difference it isnt just you - Im getting frozen out of the game at exactly the same point in the same manner. I have the game of the year edition where all the expansions are on the disc already, so no downloading or installing required, so if anyone has a solution I would much like to hear it. Im halfway done with the mainland area and havent started any of the other expansions, but am level 18 already and finished Point Lookout, so not wanting to restart from scratch!
Anthony Rand

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am

If it makes any difference it isnt just you - Im getting frozen out of the game at exactly the same point in the same manner. I have the game of the year edition where all the expansions are on the disc already, so no downloading or installing required, so if anyone has a solution I would much like to hear it. Im halfway done with the mainland area and havent started any of the other expansions, but am level 18 already and finished Point Lookout, so not wanting to restart from scratch!

The Time Car

Return to Fallout 3