the instructions for DLC don't seem to work!

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 pm

I am at my wits end. I download Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel. I have tried installing one file at a time and seeing if i could get it to load...tried this for both addons. I wander around in the waste land hoping for something to show up on my pipboy. No matter how long i play nothing seems to happen.
My version of the game is 1.61
I checked my code - BLUS 30185 and it is the same for my copy of the game and the DLC.
Do these have to be loaded in a certain order? After loading broken steel i played for about an hour in the wasteland and then finally got bored and finished the game again...still the addon does not appear.

What do i have to do???
Jose ordaz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 am

I wonder if you have to activate them from the in game menu...isn't there a "downloadable content" option from the start menu? Try to go there and see if you need to tick/activate them.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am

I wonder if you have to activate them from the in game menu...isn't there a "downloadable content" option from the start menu? Try to go there and see if you need to tick/activate them.

Thanks but that was the first thing i tried...

Am i to far in the mission sequence? Not far enough? I finished the waters of life and am on picking up the trail...

Anything Bethesda?
josh evans

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 am

You should receive a http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1041587-getting-started-with-fallout-3-dlc/pretty much anytime after you've left Vault 101 letting you know where to go.

I'll see if I can find any suggestions from folks on our end. You might also try deleting the downloads and re-downloading them (there's no cost associated with that)( If I hear something, I'll let you know.
Gavin boyce

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Still waiting for a solution...still no radio signals...

I tried re-installing and even tried starting a brand new game and exiting vault 101...nothing, played for 20-30 minutes after exiting the vault before giving up...

This seems to have been a recurring problem from other posts i have seen...why has it not been fixed?!

Bethesda i spent $20 on 2 DLCs...its not a ton of money but on principle i will not buy your new game if you cannot make the old one work. Are you even listening??
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 am

Still waiting for a solution...still no radio signals...

I tried re-installing and even tried starting a brand new game and exiting vault 101...nothing, played for 20-30 minutes after exiting the vault before giving up...

This seems to have been a recurring problem from other posts i have seen...why has it not been fixed?!

Bethesda i spent $20 on 2 DLCs...its not a ton of money but on principle i will not buy your new game if you cannot make the old one work. Are you even listening??

and tell them to fix all the bugs,framedrops and freezing while thier at it it's funny how they can respond to this(not saying that is isn't important)but they can't respond to the other forums talking about the bugs in the game just fix the game for everyone I haven't played FO3 since Nov 09(when my ps3 40gb died on me playing your game) so please just fix the game listen to the people who love your game so much.
Kat Stewart

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:23 am

and tell them to fix all the bugs,framedrops and freezing while thier at it it's funny how they can respond to this(not saying that is isn't important)but they can't respond to the other forums talking about the bugs in the game just fix the game for everyone I haven't played FO3 since Nov 09(when my ps3 40gb died on me playing your game) so please just fix the game listen to the people who love your game so much.

I have bought all 5 expansions, have the propper region and have even sat on the phone with sony while i re-downloaded and installed the packs, only to have them still not work and to be told to ask you guys, if this has not been updated does that mean there is still no solution? if anyone knows how to fix this then please do tell me. I have a 60 gig a class ps3, and they wont acknowledge the expansions were downloaded and installed but I have 2.7 gigs of DLC and I can wander all i like they don't even come up in the list at the start menu,

I am having the same problem as this guy, so if anyone can help, bethesda or otherwise, please msg me or e-mail me the solution... I love fallout and would like to move past lvl 20 and enjoy all the wonderful content
Jeremy Kenney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:32 am

It's been a while, is there any solution to this problem? I paid the 50 for the content, am lvl 20 and have been for some time and would like to play the expansions, I bought new vegas, I love your games, please help me. I don't want to start vegas till I finish 3....
Baby K(:

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

triple post in a row here I know, sorry but I figured something out, I have my friends fallout 3 now too. well when i used his by mistake (it was at my house so my roommate could play it on their ps3) I realized my save files were gone, and instead an old roommate who used to play on the ps3's files were there, it seemed to load old files now, but not mine, on top of that his disc reads the expansions.... so I checked the region code.... both are the same region, but one WILL read expansions, and WILL NOT read new files, the other WILL NOT read expansions and WILL read new files.

When inserted I needed to install a new patch, well the newest patch again. It's reading the 2 games as 2 different fallout 3 region 1's.... any reason for this? I can now play the expansions on his disc, I just have to start over.... This might be the same problem for others. other then one disc looking like a worse print job on the disc (my friends disc is almost blurry when reading the lettering around the edge, but works better) and the product number being diff on it, they are the same.

I solved my problem but gave myself a new one, but hopefully this solves others problems, certain versions they made and sent out, don't work with the associated region, it's either a they shipped out the wrong discs with the codes they labeled or a batch went out and doesn't work.
Kit Marsden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 am

mmm i think i have the same problem as every1 here only that i lost my manual and i have no clue what my blus is ? is there a way to know the blus other than in the manual? and well does any1 know why would sony do this thing knowing that the region now days makes no difference but price
x_JeNnY_x

Return to Fallout 3