How did animals survive

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 am

there the same as the ghouls they surived the atomic blast by taking shelter but were then greeted by radiation when they came out. The only unmutated animals in the wasteland are dogs, most likely due to there natural resistance to mutation.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

there the same as the ghouls they surived the atomic blast by taking shelter but were then greeted by radiation when they came out. The only unmutated animals in the wasteland are dogs, most likely due to there natural resistance to mutation.

Nothing has a natural resistance to mutation and nothing can be mutated to the extent of a ghoul.
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

Actually; the only thing that has a natural immunity from radiation-caused mutations are...

Cockroaches. Obviously since Radroaches are the size of Houscats in FO; we are indeed dealing with SCIENCE! here, and not regular science (as has been stated for god-knows-when.)
Lucky Girl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am

well according to the background story humans ate all the cats but not the numerous dogs roaming all over the world in large meat-filled packs.

seems that there where alot of cat-haters doing the Fallout world background story documents, since not even cougars where left alive or even mutated. *shakes head*

Where the heck did you read that? Not only is it wrong... But its WAY wrong.

There is a character in Fallout 2 who is upset about the loss of her pet cat. People still do have pet cats. Yes, hungry people do tend to eat them (particaularly in poor areas with a high level of drug addicts), but they're still around.
Courtney Foren

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Actually, the character in question tells you that there aren't any cats around anymore because people ate them all.
^_^

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:54 am

Actually, the character in question tells you that there aren't any cats around anymore because people ate them all.

An idea I hope Bethesda throws out the window if they think of adding felines.
Michelle Smith

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

Now if I remember correctly, wasn't there also a lot of animals released from the EPA, when the scientists emerged post-war(Fallout 2 Restoration Patch.)?
Sammykins

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Just to tell you, though i think that you know. Roaches are able to survive the 4 times larger amount of radiation thats able to kill us... this is going to be full of mistakes because i dont really remember it now but roaches are able to survive more then 200 rads... which with this amount we humans would shine for a hundred years (our dead bodies i mean... we would die in 5 minuetes)

It is proved that insectoids, (scorpions, roaches, ants many other bugs) are VERY resistant to radiation. Sure, radiation kills them but but the amount required to kill them is MUCH higher then ours.

And death claws were created BEFORE the great war, if im correct. The US wanted to use them as weapons or something but then the war started and anfter a few years the inhabited the whole continent :)
Hussnein Amin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 am

Now if I remember correctly, wasn't there also a lot of animals released from the EPA, when the scientists emerged post-war(Fallout 2 Restoration Patch.)?

I wonder though, since that was cut from the game for time cosntraints, do you think it's canon?
Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:12 am

I wonder though, since that was cut from the game for time cosntraints, do you think it's canon?

I would say yes, only because the cut-content doesn't contradict any the events of Fallout 2.
barbara belmonte

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 am

It could be considered canon to the series. A good example of Cut-Content being considered Canon is KOTOR2.

That had a bunch of cut content; but one that was considered canon was the whole shebang around HK-45/HK-50. Y'know, the Crimson Assassin Droid and his gunmetal-grey knockoffs? The jedi outcast was supposed to head back to Taris at some point (after the initial visit) and enter G0-T0's secret production facility that was churning out the HK-50's. HK-45 would then gather his cheap knockoffs, and at the ruined planet of Malachite, confront G0-T0 with his minature army of... himself. G0-T0 would not survive.

In the Star Wars universe, this event is considered to have happened, even though it was ultimately cut from the game.
Lauren Dale

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion