New Vegas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:35 am

Ok new vegas is set in the future right? So if project purity worked, wouldnt that mean that there would be grass and a bunch of other good stuff?
Taylor Thompson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok new vegas is set in the future right? So if project purity worked, wouldnt that mean that there would be grass and a bunch of other good stuff?

Of course it's set in the future. That's why they have laser guns and robots.

Also... it's unlikely PP would affect Vegas in any way. D.C. is nowhere near Las Vegas. At all.
Matt Bigelow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 am

New Vegas Official Thread : http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1018001&hl=vegas
Danel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am

Of course it's set in the future. That's why they have laser guns and robots.

Also... it's unlikely PP would affect Vegas in any way. D.C. is nowhere near Las Vegas. At all.

I think he meant the future in relation to F3, as in post 2277.
NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

I included a chapter called New Vegas Adventures in my own fanfic.

New Vegas in my story probably isn't the way it will be in the game but since the game isn't out yet:

There are several factions: One is the Desert Rangers and the other is the Earls.

The city is devided up into different districts: Lower Town, Reservoir, Market Square, Roller District, Tower District and Sky District.

I am only daydreaming of course but I think the game will have a similar concept. Also I think it will extend beyond New Vegas to the surrounding settlements of the Southwestern Commonwealth.

If you would like to read my fanfic about New Vegas here is a link http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=14781087

As to your thoughts about how green it will be...as long as they have the Dam still they should have plenty of water to keep New Vegas green.

:celebrate:
Thema

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:14 am

We don't know anything about New Vegas; it could be set before Fallout 1, in the 80 year gap between Fallout 1/2 or the 30 year gap between Fallout 2/3 for all we know.

No matter when it's set Fallout 3 won't have any impact on it. Project Purity's effect radius was very minimal in Broken Steel, and Las Vegas is a long, long, long ways away from D.C.
Sammygirl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

I'd like to see something similiar to New Reno only on a much larger scale with large gangs and then a bunch of smaller ones.
Richus Dude

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:43 am

Project Purity would have nothing to do with the west coast. If you played the first 2 games, water was not an issue (except for Fallout, where you find the water chip, but that was just Vault 13 and outside settlements had access to clean water). In Fallout 2, many settlements had water, power, and the major ones (like Vault City and NCR) had green grass and green leaves on the trees, all years before the events of Fallout 3. So, the west coast, including Vegas (that is, if the situation was decent there) would have access to all those things like water, grass, and trees, etc., regardless of the events that happened in Fallout 3.

Of course, who knows what New Vegas is like. It could be riddled with crime, like New Reno, but still New Reno had its luxuries. We won't know until the game is released (but speculation is always fun :) )

What I think would make a great game is if it was set in Central USA. With that, there will be a chance to explain why the east coast didn't fair as well as the west coast did 200 years after the war. West coast technologies and ideas couldn't travel across the Rocky Mountains, rivers, Great Plains, Appalachian Mountains, etc., because of what reasons? Here's something else to think about: according to Fallout 2, all vaults were (supposedly, if there was no error) given at least 2 G.E.C.K.'s, so what happened on the east? You would think that making sure the east coasts vaults were in tip top working order having all their supplies to be top priority over the west coast (because, you know, the government is located there), so what happened? Why couldn't they get their act together in 200 years?

Of course, that previous paragraph would be good for Fallout 4, since New Vegas is really not a sequel to the main games.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 am

Discussion here : http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1018001
Maeva

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 am

I'm thinking a large-scale New Reno, considering the veterans are working on it.

That'd be awesome since that place really does represent humanity on it's last legs. Besides, the game is a spin-off. It could be set before Fallout 3.
Anthony Diaz

Return to Fallout Series Discussion