Scariest place in the wasteland ? !

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:23 am

Aww, Andale Residents aren't so bad once you get to know them. Mrs. Smith makes a delicous pie! You should try it. ;)
BethanyRhain

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

I went to the Dunwich building before I actually read the Dunwich Horror, so I had no context. As far as I was concerned, it was just a building full of ghouls.

So, some of the failed vaults are very eerie, and I value my sneak skill in those places.
megan gleeson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 pm

just did a quick skim through the post

who else voted on Oasis besides me o.0 ???

also ill add more options tomorrow i have stuff to do at the moment like raid deathclaw sanc .. after i find the place ... or figure out which way i want to complete valut 101 i cant seem to decide between sabotage (i kep teh vault but alarm goes off forever ... side with overseer or side with amata ... or kill everyone and be done with it XD too many choices
josie treuberg

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 am

I feel like such a baby. I've not been to any of these places, but I still get freaked out regularly.

Pretty much anywhere that's dark, which is a lot of places.

I'm (apparently) a very jumpy person, so having a ghoul coming running out of the shadows at me makes me die a little inside.
Euan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am

I feel like such a baby. I've not been to any of these places, but I still get freaked out regularly.

Pretty much anywhere that's dark, which is a lot of places.

I'm (apparently) a very jumpy person, so having a ghoul coming running out of the shadows at me makes me die a little inside.

turn up the brightness and you will have almost no need for the flashlight (some areas no matter how bright teh settings it wil be needed

i have my brightness o ican read albles in badly lit rooms and need flashluight in shadowed areas (for soem reason if im i na badly lit room and i use my flash ligth everythign just goes shiny like its bouncing off tinfoil
Gavin boyce

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

i didn't vote because of the 3 listed none of them are in my top 5. My favorite for difficulty and a great first time scare is a small enclosed part of a sewer near the city (near Red Racer) where you get slammed with 3 Reavers and several other ghouls all in the same room. Kill one, here comes another. Before you go into the drainage grate to this particular sewer room there is a Reaver outside with a pack of ghouls. You'd bettter have it together to take on this many Reavers in a short time.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

turn up the brightness and you will have almost no need for the flashlight (some areas no matter how bright teh settings it wil be needed

i have my brightness o ican read albles in badly lit rooms and need flashluight in shadowed areas (for soem reason if im i na badly lit room and i use my flash ligth everythign just goes shiny like its bouncing off tinfoil

I only ever do this in the evenings, at night it goes back to normal. I have no curtains and my window is behind my tv and the sun sets on my side of the house, so I get major issues. On the default settings I literally can't see the ground in front of me when I'm outside at night time.

It kind of ruins the immersion for me though. I LIKE being scared. The bursts of adrenaline keep me awake, feel epic and add the the whole "I am my character" thing. If I was in my characters place and a ghoul jumped me, I too would be pumping shotgun shells into the wall long after the threat has fallen.

I don't know, I don't like the dark places not being, y'know, dark.

Thanks for the advice though :) I might have to employ it when I start getting waaaaay creeped out and contemplating switching games (Oh yes, this has happened to me many a time).

Saying that, I'll mess around with the brightness settings to see if I can find a happy medium.
Travis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

who else voted on Oasis besides me o.0 ???

also ill add more options tomorrow i have stuff to do at the moment

How long does it take for "tomorrow" to come where you are at?

And how on God's Earth is Oasis scary? If that place scared you then I am sure The Nightmare before Christmas and Oogie Boogie would terrify you and Silent Hill would give you a heart attack.

Still waiting for better places that are actually scary to vote on.
Elina

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:02 am

You know, Raider hideouts are pretty scary too. I remember the very first time I went in Super-Duper Mart and I was a little creeped out at the mutilated corpses hanging on the ceiling and the blood stains everywhere.
Sunny Under

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

You know, Raider hideouts are pretty scary too. I remember the very first time I went in Super-Duper Mart and I was a little creeped out at the mutilated corpses hanging on the ceiling and the blood stains everywhere.

Springvale school creeped me out, too. It was even worse at the time as I was a low level with zero experience playing the game. And what's with the small, child-like skeletons in the cages? :unsure:
Ryan Lutz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 am

Springvale school creeped me out, too. It was even worse at the time as I was a low level with zero experience playing the game. And what's with the small, child-like skeletons in the cages? :unsure:

I agree, and there were little bloody handprints on the walls too. Maybe the Chinese Soldiers took over the school and executed all the children? Or maybe the children survived but were executed by Raiders when it was turned into a Raider Hideout? :unsure2:
Jamie Moysey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 am

I agree, and there were little bloody handprints on the walls too. Maybe the Chinese Soldiers took over the school and executed all the children? Or maybe the children survived but were executed by Raiders when it was turned into a Raider Hideout? :unsure2:

Well it's certainly not the same children as when the bombs fell, but maybe advlts and children found the school and decided to live there. Afterall, there are still resources for the children to learn something. But then the raiders came and had some fun. :)
Kelly Upshall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

Well it's certainly not the same children as when the bombs fell, but maybe advlts and children found the school and decided to live there. Afterall, there are still resources for the children to learn something. But then the raiders came and had some fun. :)

Well they're skeletons, so I think they were the children from when the bombs fell. Maybe they did the "Duck and Cover" thing that was so popular in the 50's and it actually worked? Given how everything in Fallout's Universe is based off the 1950's mindset? Then later Raiders came into the school and slaughtered all the students, and locked the teachers in smaller cages so they would be helpless to save the children.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 am

The worst one, I think, is the little room under the Drainage Chamber associated with the Broadcast Tower in Jury Street Metro. The one you get to by opening the door with the switch. It's tiny and filled with the mutilated corpse decoration motif and I found it a little overwhelming the first time. I had Jericho with me (also for the first time), and I actually got mad at him for being an ex-Raider when I came out of the room I was so disgusted by it. :lol:
Honey Suckle

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 am

The worst one, I think, is the little room under the Drainage Chamber associated with the Broadcast Tower in Jury Street Metro. The one you get to by opening the door with the switch. It's tiny and filled with the mutilated corpse decoration motif and I found it a little overwhelming the first time. I had Jericho with me (also for the first time), and I actually got mad at him for being an ex-Raider when I came out of the room I was so disgusted by it. :lol:

lol yeah, I can't imagine why Megaton allowed him to move to their settlement. That's like letting a child molester teach at a school, I mean we all know the kind of horrible things Raiders do to innocent Wastelanders and if I were Lucas Simms I would have shot him just for walking up to my town. Maybe he did something to earn their trust like protect them from real Raiders? Didn't he say everybody turns to him when the Raiders attack Megaton?

Sorry for getting off topic. :P
Donald Richards

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:00 am

Ouch! It is confusing in there.. and it's true, Reavers hit hard and throw radioactive poo bombs, but they are not as freaky or scary looking as http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mirelurk_King.png!

But those things DIE !!!!

I just faced a reaver for the 1st time yesterday actually 3 of them at the same time!!!!! even with 80 big guns a 50%conditioned minigun and over 6500 5mmm rounds and doing nothing but pure head shots in and out of vats it was about 5 minuites before one of em fell and never got back up!!!! and this was well i was playing on very easy!!!!!
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

Well,
I voted. But I aint gonna tell.

I probably still got a lot to discover so might change that soon. Too bad nothing scary like from Silent Hill and Dead Space.
Sara Lee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 am

Well,
I voted. But I aint gonna tell.

I probably still got a lot to discover so might change that soon. Too bad nothing scary like from Silent Hill and Dead Space.

i played dead space once i still freak out in ever vault im in thinking there gonna come out of the vents ... dead space makes fall out scarier than it actually is
koumba

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 am

Scariest places in the Wasteland:

-Dunwich Building
-Point Lookout
-Vault 106
-Old Olney
Shirley BEltran

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 am

i must be special im the only person who said the school springdlave school or whatever
sunny lovett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 am

WTH? Where is the option for nowhere because I run [censored]. When raiders have nightmares, it's me they see. When Super Mutant's can't sleep, it's I that torments them. When wastelanders whimper in their sleep, I am what they fear. There is no scariest placein the wastelands because I AM the scariest placein the wastelands.

(Disclaimer)
The horror I emit effects my x box only! :ninja:
Olga Xx

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:56 am

Old Olney. I was crouched wearing the stealth armour in an underground storeroom, when the metal door suddenly opened. A Deathclaw was stood just outside draqed in shadow. It looked like Satan incarnate.
sam westover

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:59 am

dunwich aint that scary.... when you first see the face of a Super Mutant Behemoth at level 4 out at the Capitol Building like i did when i first started out.... thats scary :fallout:
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

Where's the "LOLWHUT, someplace in the Wasteland was scary?" option? Deathclaws were almost scary, until I figured out what pansies they were compared to their Fallout ancestors. (Which is to say, by the time I had killed the first one I encountered.) Bullet sponges of any type were just annoying. Dunwich was a bit creepy but I wouldn't call it particularly scary. And Point Lookout, well...lots of fun, but after you've seen Deliverance those swamp hillbillies aren't scary. Now, if one of'em had yelled "Squeal like a pig, boy!" that might be very different. :unsure:
Sophie Morrell

Previous

Return to Fallout 3