Reilly's Rangers - stuck before started

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 am

when I first found Underworld, I explored the whole "city," including the Chop Shop, and I had inspected Reilly and spoken to the doctor about her and failed the Speech check to convince him to wake her up. Now, a fair bit of time has passed and I only just actually picked up the radio frequency broadcasting the distress call from her Rangers, and got the quest. The objective simply says to find Reilly in Underworld, however I get no options to further the quest. I cant treat her myself since I havent been putting points into Medicine and I'm 27 short, and I get no further speech checks with the doctor. Am I out of luck on this until I actually skill up Medicine?
His Bella

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

Yep. Speech checks do not reset.

Good idea to save before making such a check...
Sammi Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

I believe you can do the quest by just going to the location where the Rangers are holed up since you picked up the emergency signal.
Lauren Denman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Yep. Speech checks do not reset.

Good idea to save before making such a check...

yeah... I wasn't aware of the quest at the time, didnt think to reload after I failed the check.... I usually hate doing this but I've completed a number of other quests and leveled several times since then. Is there a command/cheat to reset it? I had a brief peek in the Fallout wiki and learned that there's another quest and some other thing obtainable from Reilly herself.
Jason Wolf

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 am

I'm not sure if there's a method of resetting failed speech checks; however, do what the above poster said- do the quest without "accepting" it. Best case: you finish it. Worst case- you screw it up and need to restart the save before getting into it.
Darlene DIllow

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 pm

By not passing the speech test, you only lose out on a little extra ammo. No big deal. Follow your radio signal to the area. Look for Our Lady of Hope Hospital, and start in there. I suggest saving a lot.
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am

By not passing the speech test, you only lose out on a little extra ammo. No big deal. Follow your radio signal to the area. Look for Our Lady of Hope Hospital, and start in there. I suggest saving a lot.

yeah I'm resigning myself to that. I was just afraid of there being no other way to revive Reilly unless I drop nearly every skill point on the next level up to treat her myself.

Having a hard time finding that hospital, I have a general idea where on the map it SHOULD be based on where the national archive building is, but i keep skirting around that general area.
Soraya Davy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 pm

(checks that we're in spoilers)

Fastest way to the hospital is via Dupont Circle (assuming that you've been to GNR, you'll know where Dupont Circle is already). Go out the back door of GNR, go through the collapsed car tunnel or Dupont Circle station until you find the eastern part of Dupont Circle. Look around for a set of stairs leading down into the sidewalk linking you to Dry Sewers. That connects over to the hospital.

You can also get there via the metro tunnels, but I prefer to come up through the tunnels from Dupont Circle instead. With MMM + Increased Spawns - arriving in Vernon Square from the actual metro (Metro Junction) that connects to it is a bit of a deathwish. Plus there's some interesting things to see in Dry Sewers.
C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 pm

ok it took a very long time to get up to the top of the hotel.... and now the Rangers are hostile!

edit: I guess I Shouldn't have looted the corpse of that one ranger on my way up lol
Aman Bhattal

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Reload to before going through the door onto the roof. That happens sometimes, usually from a Ranger dying while you're on the roof.
Rachie Stout

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

yeah I'm resigning myself to that. I was just afraid of there being no other way to revive Reilly unless I drop nearly every skill point on the next level up to treat her myself.

Having a hard time finding that hospital, I have a general idea where on the map it SHOULD be based on where the national archive building is, but i keep skirting around that general area.

:ph34r: well lets see you need to go to chevy chase east metro i think it is, chevy chase north comes out on the way to GNR instead of going to GNR go to the chevy chase east metro and go down in the tunnels and you need to follow the railroad track east along the bottom level and you'll see the end of the tunnel, its lit up and head straight to it and that pops out at vernon square, there are other ways to get there, but thats the way i always go. once you come out at vernon square, the hospital is close by.
Jessica Raven

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:06 am

Reload to before going through the door onto the roof. That happens sometimes, usually from a Ranger dying while you're on the roof.

Yes, OP, you must reload. DO NOT loot any corpses on the roof top until AFTER you get to the Rangers. I find that the more time that you dawdle, the risk of them being hostile to you increases exponentially with every second that goes by. Just haul ass up to them, if you turn the corner and see a super mutant falling over dead, that's the right time.

Spoiler:
Spoiler
I tend to bring a fission battery with me for this quest.
I search the hotel very carefully. There's a holotape in there, which could get you a certain unique weapon that kicks ass.

Tanya

Return to Fallout 3