big town supermutant raids

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

hey guys i've been waiting all the time in bigtown for one of em supermutant raids but they dont happen :jammasterjay: .what specific time do supermutants attack big town?
Bek Rideout

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:43 am

Have you rescued Red and Shorty from Germantown police station ?.
Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

It is a scripted event which doesn't occur until you have done as Rothwell White has said.
Rachel Hall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 am

I assume you've brought Red back and told the people in Big Town you'll helo defend them. If you haven't seen the first lot of muties within five minutes, you must be bugging and it won't happen. That quest is a nightmare; the first time I did it, I offered to fix the robots (which promptly disappeared), the second time I tried to teach them to sneak (They all crowded around me complaining that I wasn't teaching them, when was I gonna teach them, What was I playing at, huh, huh). The only option I can make work is to do it my damn self, maybe yours is like that; maybe only one or two of your options work properly. Reload and try doing something different.
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 am

Personally, I use the robot fixing option. Always works like a charm.
xxLindsAffec

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:25 am

Yeah, rescue Red and that other guy, and then you have to teach the town how to defend themselves. I usually just teach them the art of a pistol, but I'd fix the robots if it weren't buggy as hell.

I've heard that slavers and such sometimes attack the town, too, as a random encounter.
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:48 am

Hardest part of the robot fix option is waiting for one of them to go find the Protectron that flies up into the air on your second visit. Small guns also works well, especially if you lay down a few frag mines on the road past the bridge.

But it's a buggy quest, easily confused. So save early, save often.
Taylor Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am

Do not fix the robot. I have experienced that the Mutants never show up. Then the next time I visited Big town; everyone was dead in 1 big pile.
Lily Evans

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am

Huh, I ALWAYS use the robot option, never steered me wrong yet :laugh:
Chica Cheve

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 pm

There are no robots, ever, in my games. :thumbsdown: I always teach them how to shoot.
Etta Hargrave

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

wait....darn i ummm mezzed red..she's in paradise falls and im trying to figure out how to get her out alive with grouse ALSO alive cause i think the mesmetron is pretty cool and i dont want to run out of ammo for it :P
ZzZz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 am

Huh, I ALWAYS use the robot option, never steered me wrong yet :laugh:

Hmm, well perhaps there is hope. I'll try again if I ever get round to doing that quest again.

Thanks.
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Hmm, well perhaps there is hope. I'll try again if I ever get round to doing that quest again.

I've done the Robots and "Teach'em To Shoot" versions once each, without problem. Although I usually just go with "defend the town myself" and go all High Plains Drifter on the muties in the street out front of town. "Ooohh, did stepping on that mine hurt? Here, let me take your mind off the pain with this Metal Blaster."
Christina Trayler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 am

How to make the Big Towners defend themselves:

Have a high Sneak or use a Stealth Boy. Collect a lot of Chinese assault rifles, a minigun or two, and a flamer, plus lots of Talon combat armor. Reverse pickpocket it all onto the Big Towners, with appropriate ammo. Then, agree to stay and help kill the muties. A bloody mutant slaughter will occur.
Trent Theriot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:25 am

My aim when doing Big Town quest is to try to keep all the residents alive. I've tried the small arms, explosives, and robot options, but usually what happens is: 1. the robots are mostly useless, either getting blown up by the muties or killing Big Towners with friendly fire. 2. One or both of the muties lob a grenade, usually with great effect. The only times I've seen a successful defense is if I put up land mines or shoot muties well outside of town (before they approach the bridge). And since this quest is about teaching them how to fend for themselves then it seems all methods are worthless, because without my help, many of the Towners would be wasted.
Brad Johnson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 am

ok guys i did the mission.i taught them how to use small guns. despite what all you guys said i actually did it no deaths no nothing(although dusty almost died). but seriously is that it? i was expecting a nightly shoot out that will turn the big towners into hardened soldiers.
Beth Belcher

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 am

ok guys i did the mission.i taught them how to use small guns. despite what all you guys said i actually did it no deaths no nothing(although dusty almost died). but seriously is that it? i was expecting a nightly shoot out that will turn the big towners into hardened soldiers.

I can only assume the mutty's around Bigtown are wimps and wacking 4 of them scares them off. I run to the bridge and do not let them into town or they will kill a few citizens.
Jesus Duran

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:14 pm

I just finished this one....I repaired the robots with no problem and waited....and waited....Finally 2 mutants attacked which i thought was weak but whatever. Still could not get the 8 ball though, dialog option never came up and some NPC's were still in combat mode. So I waited some more..and a little longer...then a couple more mutants came along, were defeated and everybodys happy. The last ones must have got stuck somewhere.
saharen beauty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 am

I just finished this one....I repaired the robots with no problem and waited....and waited....Finally 2 mutants attacked which i thought was weak but whatever. Still could not get the 8 ball though, dialog option never came up and some NPC's were still in combat mode. So I waited some more..and a little longer...then a couple more mutants came along, were defeated and everybodys happy. The last ones must have got stuck somewhere.

Weird I got the eightball but no notification that I recieved it, it just appeared in my inventory. Now it is suppose to have +1 luck, right? The eightball I got has no stats addition marked on it.
Courtney Foren

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:08 am

I believe with the 8-ball in your inventory you have a few ways of checking: Go look at the effects screen on your Pipboy 3000. It might list a bonus there. Or look at your Luck stat, put the 8-ball down, and look again.
Richard Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 am

I must be doing something wrong because I never noticed the option to help the Big Town people by training them in any way. I could only kill all the super mutants myself and get thanks afterwards.

Maybe I used an evil response that says that you won't help them, that makes those options completely unavailable or something. :P
CHARLODDE

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Or your skills weren't high enough to teach them. It requires a skill check in Small Guns, Sneak, Explosives or Repair. I don't think the checks are that high, but maybe 40+ for any of them to get the option.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Weird I got the eightball but no notification that I recieved it, it just appeared in my inventory. Now it is suppose to have +1 luck, right? The eightball I got has no stats addition marked on it.

actually of you take it off there will be a notif that says "you don't feel so lucky anymore"
Chris Ellis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am

actually of you take it off there will be a notif that says "you don't feel so lucky anymore"

Cool ... thanks!!
Motionsharp

Return to Fallout 3