Script Error

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am

Recently I had downloaded the MADD leveler (mainly I wanted to break the skill and attribute cap). However, the mod wouldn't work for me so I decided to try Galsiah's Character Development. I of course ran into many warning/error messages, but one causes the game not to load up and crashing the game completey:
Expression Error Unable to find global variable "vmet_playertransformed" in script Gals_Magicka_Regend
My theory is since MADD Leveler altered the scripts, the game crashes due to no longer having those scripts (plus the two mods obviously conflict). I uninstalled MADD leveler completely. I think that once I added MADD leveler, there's pretty much no going back or going to other leveling mods. I didn't even gain anything since the MADD leveler didn't work. Am I just going to have to deal with it and reinstall MADD while getting rid of GCD?
I also believe I made a backup of the file before installing MADD, but the backup doesn't work either.

Other information to add is since I use Steam, I can't mess with the Construction Set (Bethesda really should make Morrowind's construction set up for download like Oblivion's is).
.X chantelle .x Smith

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 am

Recently I had downloaded the MADD leveler (mainly I wanted to break the skill and attribute cap). However, the mod wouldn't work for me so I decided to try Galsiah's Character Development. I of course ran into many warning/error messages, but one causes the game not to load up and crashing the game completey:
Expression Error Unable to find global variable "vmet_playertransformed" in script Gals_Magicka_Regend
My theory is since MADD Leveler altered the scripts, the game crashes due to no longer having those scripts (plus the two mods obviously conflict). I uninstalled MADD leveler completely. I think that once I added MADD leveler, there's pretty much no going back or going to other leveling mods. I didn't even gain anything since the MADD leveler didn't work. Am I just going to have to deal with it and reinstall MADD while getting rid of GCD?
I also believe I made a backup of the file before installing MADD, but the backup doesn't work either.

Other information to add is since I use Steam, I can't mess with the Construction Set (Bethesda really should make Morrowind's construction set up for download like Oblivion's is).

About Steam you must look http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29388.
Beat freak

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

"vmet_playertransformed" is from Scripted Spells. Did you perhaps activate GCD_SS_patch.esp without activating Scripted Spells?

Have you tried mlox? It might be able to help you sort out your load order.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 am

Thank you so much, this should help tremendously when I come across current and future mod problems.
Dean Brown

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 am

Sorry to double post, but I did indeed get it working (somewhat, see below. I accidentally checked a scripted spell compatibility esp without even having scripted spells. I just decided to get scripted spells anyway. However, I don't think the mod is working. I got the little message about being able to reach your full potential and on skills that are on 100, the message has been changed from maximum proficiency reached to not being able to train the skill more.When I read skill books for an instance, my stat doesn't break the 100 mark (a large portion of my stats are at 100). Can you not raise your stats above 100 with the books in this mod? Or is this mod not just working? Since I'm at an high level (97), it's going to be hard to test increasing my skills, since it's supposed to take forever.
Jennie Skeletons

Return to III - Morrowind