Couple of issues?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 am

Hey All, new to the forums...

First off, i love Fallout 3, brilliant gameplay and very addictive...

Secondly, i am having a few issues and have looked through the forums but havent found anything which solves these...

1st issue (not a Major one) Is the Radio Songs are suttering as if they are on a broken record.. Have done the 3Dog quest to do the Radio Transmitter signal thing, and still no changes, the voice of 3dog is fine, just the songs.. I have installed new Sound Drivers and FFDSHOW codec, and done what a few people have said, and still too no avail.. still jittery...

2nd Issue - I dont seem to have the Expansions available, im level 12 and a half, but have installed the Expansions and added them within the Lancher and i dont get any Radio signals or anything to let me know the Expansion quests are available?

MY Pc Spec:

Win XP, SP3
AMD X2 4800+ XPU
Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
4gb Memory
Creative Audigy Sound Card

I have recently reverted back from Vista to XCp, as Vista, well ***&*& (*& (*(*& * *^^$?$%... Crashed all the time, blue screens, game crashes, Assertion errors all the time when playing games...
I Installed fallout 3 and all Expanions on Vista, and the radio worked fine and so did the expansions, i got the quests and gear and stuff
Anyways reverted back to XP, and i seem to lack the above

Any Suggestions?

Tried, FFDSHOW by adding Fallout3.exe, tried changing my sound hardware, installed new drivers..

A bit stumped if im honest sad.gif

Any help would greatly be appreciated..

Thanks

Jamie

(Ps,mt computer crashed, and i think i may have posted in Fallout3 DLC forum aswell, sorry if i have duplicated this topic, Still seeking help thou :(
Crystal Birch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 am

I also have the audio problems, and have tried nearly everything. Once in a while it works smoothly, but eventually reverts back.
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 pm

This is just my opinion, but I dispise AMD because, in my experience their processors are unreliable and peices of crap.... so I would be quick to say that might have something to do with it :/ but some people love em so I dunno. But then again I also love vista (except the ******* ram usage to just sit there) so I may just be crazy :P sry if this isnt much help lol >.>
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

This is just my opinion, but I dispise AMD because, in my experience their processors are unreliable and peices of crap.... so I would be quick to say that might have something to do with it :/ but some people love em so I dunno. But then again I also love vista (except the ******* ram usage to just sit there) so I may just be crazy :P sry if this isnt much help lol >.>

lol, not really, but good point..

AMD and Nvidia lover myself, straight, realiable and down the line! Love em... mate is into Intel and Ati.. systems are on Par and Generally as bought as good as each other...

Downloding the patch as i have been told this "solves" all the problems mentioned above, see if it does :)

If not, not bother about the radio, but whats the point in the game with Expansions if i cant play'em :(

Boo Hoo lol :P
matt

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 pm

lol, not really, but good point..

AMD and Nvidia lover myself, straight, realiable and down the line! Love em... mate is into Intel and Ati.. systems are on Par and Generally as bought as good as each other...

Downloding the patch as i have been told this "solves" all the problems mentioned above, see if it does :)

If not, not bother about the radio, but whats the point in the game with Expansions if i cant play'em :(

Boo Hoo lol :P

Downloaded and patched, Live 2.0 Updated also, and worked fine, got the radio signals and quests :) Happy Bunny..

Still the sound problem, any suggestions?
Margarita Diaz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 pm

One topic is enough.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1053683
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Return to Fallout 3