Rock Creek Cavern's.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 am

Chapter 1

"Psst, wake up Buster. There's a Yao Guai outside. I think I might need some help."
"What? A Yao Guai? Why is it so far in the Ruins for dad?"
"I don't know, but it just killed a damned Radscorpion."
I slowly got up out of cot trying not to wake up my sister Emily and went to go grab my .32 caliber out of my shoe.

"Hurry up boy it might still be outside." My dad said standing anxiously next to the door with one hand on the door handle and the other holding his hunting rifle. I got my shoe's on and walked next to the door, behind my dad. "Kay this is the plan, I'll open up the door and ya go to the left I take the right, get it?"
I nodded my head and without a second more to say anything my father and I ran outside trying to hope that my eye's would adjust to the darkness. BOOM shiiing click click BOOM shiiiing click click. I could hear my mother mumbling though the door, trying to calm down my sister. A giant scream was heard underneath the bridge, and you could hear the foot step's coming closer and closer. BOOM shiiing click click. One final blow to the Yao Guai's back at it felt like the earth shook when it hit the floor.

"YEA! WE GOT IT BOY YEA!" My mother, holding my sister came out of the house whispering word's to my father like "Why the [censored] are you hunting so damn late for?" Those 23 second's felt like hour's just standing there hoping my father wouldn't shoot me thinking I was the Yao Guai.

We had our own shanty, near the border of the ruin's. I was amazed on how the Yao Guai was so close to the D.C. ruin's. Me and my dad would have to go out of the ruins to hunt for Mole Rats and Boat flies, But we never encountered a alive Yao Guai before so far inside the ruins. My dad said he's killed plenty of them when I was much younger, when we lived over at Canterbury Commons, but I was too young to remember.

My dad threw the Yao Guai on the side of the Shanty, behind some tire's hoping someone, wouldn't steal it from us while we were sleeping. "Buster" my dad said angry, "Get over here and give me a hand!" I ran as fast as I could trying not to trip on the rubble around my house. I grabbed hold on the leg's and we started to swing the body.

"K ready?"
"Yea"
"1,2, 3." We threw the body over a pile of tire's stacked like bricks around a long bowl or what looked like a tub. "Damn dad, you had it why did you need my help?" My dad laughed and lightly slapped me on the back of my head, "Cause if that thing ran away, I would've made you run over there and go lure it over here." My mom went inside house slamming the door shut making sure she we heard it. "Cmon' Buster we needa get some sleep, tomarra your gunna gut that thing."

*This is my first Fan Fic in quite a while. I just needa get used to this again, I can't really think right now.*

**Comment on this please? Tell me how goo I did?**
Cameron Garrod

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 am

I think it has promise. I like stories about the meek and lowly of the wasteland rather than uber-powerful heroes. Your punctuation needs a lot of work, however, starting with the title which requires no apostrophe. I like the tension which is set up between the various family members, and am interested to see where the story goes.
Jonny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 am

Yea I'm working on a rough draft right now! :) I'ma use this in my LAC1 class :)

I still needa think of how the story goes~
Lilit Ager

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry I haven't updated yet. I turned in the rough draft and I've been waiting to get it back from my teacher. Unfortunately I haven't gotten it back yet*...

Chapter 2

I tried to go slide into my bed with my sister, almost asleep having her face lay against the nice cool wall. I was ready to fall asleep, but I didn't want to. I was scared to tell my father I didn't want to gut the Yao Guai, or I was scared to even gut it. I closed my eyes, and just hoped, hoped that I wouldn't wake up how I usually did.

"YAA HOO" BOOM "YEAAAA" BANG BANG BANG, I heard in the distance of the hill. Everyday was the same thing over and over again, Raiders. I jumped up out of the bed and grabbed my sister and closed her mouth. She was already awake, and was making a weird What the [censored] are you doing face at me. And My dad told me to get out of the bed. "Buster, there's only 2 of them out there. And there's a Super mutant to the left over there." I got out from underneath the bed and I pulled my sister there there and put her on top of the bed, putting a blanket over her. I walked to the hole right next to the door, and I looked out to the left. I looked for a few seconds more and one with a aviator hat and a giant gun with a backpack connected to it came out. "[censored] dad, look." I let him look out the window and I could tell he was scared. I was putting my shoes on and the Raiders came in front of the house. You could easily the 2 raiders in front of the house, from the holes in the wall not letting light through them. All of a sudden a I heard whirling noise come from the side of the house. RATATATATATATATAT came from the front of the house. I grabbed my sister and jumped underneath the bed. My mom covering her mouth from not trying to scream came underneath the bed cover me and my sister. "[censored] [censored] [censored]" you can hear from outside then I heard one body drop, then two, then three. I thought to myself, "Wait 3 bodies?" My mom got out from underneath the bed and ran to my dad, screaming hysterically. "OH GOD JORDAN NO YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME YET! NO NO NO" I told my sister to stay there and I ran to my mom telling her to get underneath the bed, "NO NO I CAN'T GO NO NO!" I ran underneath the bed, but it felt more spacier down there, my sister was hugging my dad crying. " Jess, come here please." I whispered. "JESS COME HERE NOW!" Then the door opened. "RAGH!" yelled one of the Super Mutants. "YOU MOTHER [censored] YOU KILLED HIM!" My mom screamed slapping the Super Mutant on the chest, while my sister is still there holding my fathers hand. I stayed quiet holding my mouth trying not to cry.

"GRAB HER!" one of the Super Mutant's said. I thought to myself, "no, no this can't be happening" The other Super Mutant came in and grabbed my sister by the neck and walked out. The other Super Mutant, looked around and spit on the floor. "You mother [censored] I'll shoot you right now." I thought to myself. He walked out very slowly trying to hear anything that was masking my mothers scream. "SHUT UP!" Slam! my mother hit the floor bleeding from the nose, looking at me with a Daze. "C'MON! I HUNGRY" The other Super Mutant said holding my sister by the neck stillin one hand and holding my fathers leg in the other. The door slammed shut, but I could still hear the screams outside from my sister. "I LOVE YOU MA, I LOVE YOU JESS" I wanted to say that, but I was too scared if they would hear me.

I waited a few minutes laying there, underneath my bed trying to wake up thinking this was all a dream, but it wasn't. I got up underneath the bed slowly and walked towards the door. Now there was many holes in the wall's much bigger then the other holes, from all of the bullets. I could see alot of blood out side, and one giant pool of blood inside. I looked around the house trying to find my .32 caliber, and went outside. I could see the Super Mutant's, and my mom and my sister in the distance, small like dots. I ran off to the old ruins, trying to find, some small shelter of some sort. I found a bed torn in half, from god knows what. I grabbed it and I started to walk to the river until I found a very small cave I went to sleep in. I used one side of the matress to sleep on and the other half to cover myself with. I used my Handwrap to cover my face from the sun. And all I wanted to do is not to gut the Yao Guai....
Claudz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

Sorry its a bit short. I'm just waiting for my rough draft now. I should be getting it in the next couple of days.

Chapter 3

I woke up about Dusk, not knowing if it was still the same day or the next. I got up and I was dazed, now knowing what had happened was real. I just dropped to the floor crying, just thinking whats going on right now. "Are they dead? Are they being [censored]? What about dad are they going to eat him or something?" I was just, confused from what happened. I got up from the hard floor and I just walked. I walked a few steps and I heard footsteps come at me. Snip Snap Snip! I fell to the floor. "What the [censored]?" I yelled still crying. I grabbed my .32 Caliber pistol out of my boot and gave out a warning shot. BANG BANG BANG I tried to shoot again, but I was out of bullets. I dropped my gun and grabbed a rock, and I bashed the thing on the head. "OW [censored] [censored] [censored]" It bit my hand, and I felt a extremely sharp pain in my left hand. I kept on bashing the thing on the head, and I sat down. I looked on the ground and there was a small pool of blood to the left of me. I looked at my hand and I yelled. The pain was very intense I got up and took off my right hand wrap and started to wrap what used to be my pinkey finger is now just blood. I was dazed, I felt no pain at all in my left hand, or arm for that matter. I was scared and I ran, I ran as fast as I could away from that area, I was afraid someone heard those shots and they might have thought it was one of their friends that got hurt. I put the gun in my mouth and stuck my hand in my pocket, trying to grab some bullets for the gun.

I came across some floating object flying in a old road, with burnt down house's around it. " Imagine a cloudless day" was all I could really get out of it.
Mrs Pooh

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm

I like it - it's a nice change to have a story about an ordinary person, rather than some bad-ass power armour clad hero. Strange ending to chapter 3 though.
Harry-James Payne

Return to Fallout Series Discussion