Two (hopefully simple questions)

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 pm

ok here it goes. first i'm installing Item interchange and it says in the readme to load it with/near any "resource" mods thing is couldn't any mod that adds new items and textures and meshes and NPCs and Creaturs be called a resource mod? what is the protocol? second is a question of the construction set that i couldnt fi nd anything about in the Wiki. if i tick that little "respawn" box on a random NPC let's say Edger of Edger's Discount Spells and then kill them what will happen? will he respawn where he died or will he not respawn because a certain protocol is not met. and what if i dont kill h im wil his invintory just reset every three days?
Steven Nicholson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 am

For load order, use BOSS. Good all around practice, and certainly going to place Item Interchange correctly for you.

As to CS, I don't know.

gothemasticator
Horror- Puppe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am

if i tick that little "respawn" box on a random NPC let's say Edger of Edger's Discount Spells and then kill them what will happen? will he respawn where he died or will he not respawn because a certain protocol is not met. and what if i dont kill h im wil his invintory just reset every three days?

You don't want to kill a character like Edgar, you'd be totally screwing up his behaviour package. There's two type of characters, one who can cross from one cell to another, like going through a door, and one who can't, like a random bandit. Selecting respawn on an NPC will make it so that he can no longer pass through different cells. And he needs to be able to do that as part of his AI package. There's no telling what might happen if he can't fulfill part of his routine, you may never even be able to get into his shop anymore. As for his inventory, yes it will reset every 3 days.
Heather Dawson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:39 am

but wait? the adoring fan can traZvell wherever and the only effectson h im are that he respawns his invintory every so often and that he pops up back in the arena
Jack

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

but wait? the adoring fan can traZvell wherever and the only effectson h im are that he respawns his invintory every so often and that he pops up back in the arena

I'm assuming because he has no routine, and is just set to follow the character on command.
i grind hard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 am

And your point is?
Izzy Coleman

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

i'm just realy wondering if a non respawning NPC is set to respawning where owu ld they respawn?
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:05 am

i'm just realy wondering if a non respawning NPC is set to respawning where owu ld they respawn?
Probably wherever their original spawn point is. Wherever they first appear in the game.
D LOpez

Return to IV - Oblivion