Icons for In-Game Door/Chest Keys

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:44 am

ok...I once again tried to do a search, but useless. The search engine keeps giving me references to keyboard keys. Anyway, to make a new key with the CS, I right-click a key object in the objects window and select "New". Window pops open and asks for the information. I get the mesh from the "meshes" folder, but I cannot find a "key" icon (.dds file) anywhere. Can someone give me the location of icons for keys?
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am

To my knowledge, unless you unpacked the BSA files that come with Oblivion, you won't find the .nif files in the directories. But, there is an easier way to create a key without going through the hassle of finding the .nif files and the .dds files for the icon.

You find the key which you think looks best in icon and appearance. Open it and change whatever you need to change. Click OK, it should say that you changed the form and do you want to create a new one. Click YES and it should create another key with those settings, and there you have it!

I'm sorry if I left anything out.
Taylrea Teodor

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:55 am

Sounds good, but will that delete the key I changed? I don't want to screw up some quest by changing keys...and I may be doing this to several keys.
Gracie Dugdale

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:31 am

Sounds good, but will that delete the key I changed? I don't want to screw up some quest by changing keys...and I may be doing this to several keys.

Just be sure to change the Name and ID of the key and answer yes to the prompt to create a new item !! - (otherwise if you answer no it will change the original to your new one)
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 am

Just be sure to change the Name and ID of the key and answer yes to the prompt to create a new item !! - (otherwise if you answer no it will change the original to your new one)

Right, but that still doesn't tell me if the key I am changing is going to be destroyed/deleted. I don't want to lose any existing keys.
Crystal Clear

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

If you click yes after the prompt that you wish to create a new ID key based on the information you put, it will create another one while leaving the key you changed unharmed. Just make sure to change the ID so it will prompt you.
naomi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am

If you click yes after the prompt that you wish to create a new ID key based on the information you put, it will create another one while leaving the key you changed unharmed. Just make sure to change the ID so it will prompt you.

That's what I needed to know....thanks.
Cash n Class

Return to IV - Oblivion