Everybody hates my guts

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:40 am

Hey all,

I'm posting here, because I don't really know if there is any (easy) way to fix this. The problem is that, in short, almost every any NPC in Morrowind hates my guts. I am a wizard in house telvanni, and I guess that is the reason, but is it normal that some people from the mages guild even refuse to talk to me (they say something like 'I don't like you' and only offer the red 'goodbye' option. So I can' even persuade them to like me.
I have a personality of 43, so maybe that is also the reaon, but is it 'normal' that people hate you so much (even some people in Telvanni villages, although not all) because you're in house telvanni? It also seems to increase when I increase in rank in the house.
Don't know if it will effect anything, but my reputation is 5. I'm no vampire btw.

Any other options beside increasing my personality when leveling? And will people in Solstheim and Mournhold also hate me? That would really be sad :(
Smokey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 am

You can use the following as a workaround:

1. Take off all of your clothes.
2. Talk to some NPC. He/She will use the 'oh lolz Y U nakkid' greeting and you won't have to stop the dialogue immediately.
3. Do whatever you intended to do. You may also want to bribe or persuade the NPC so that you won't have to take off all your clothes in the future.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT
Red Bevinz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 am

Almost everyone in the game doesn't like you. Your a stranger and an outlander who just got dumped on Vvardenfell. Doing the main Quest usually gives you the most notoriety in the world, which helps people like you.

Which Race are you? Certain Races are more disliked than others.
The Mages Guild also really hates the Telvanni.
Having a disease will make people dislike you, so make sure you're clean.

If it really seems to be affecting every NPC and there is no logical reason why, it might be a mod problem.
Dan Stevens

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey all,

I'm posting here, because I don't really know if there is any (easy) way to fix this. The problem is that, in short, almost every any NPC in Morrowind hates my guts. I am a wizard in house telvanni, and I guess that is the reason, but is it normal that some people from the mages guild even refuse to talk to me (they say something like 'I don't like you' and only offer the red 'goodbye' option. So I can' even persuade them to like me.
I have a personality of 43, so maybe that is also the reaon, but is it 'normal' that people hate you so much (even some people in Telvanni villages, although not all) because you're in house telvanni? It also seems to increase when I increase in rank in the house.
Don't know if it will effect anything, but my reputation is 5. I'm no vampire btw.

Any other options beside increasing my personality when leveling? And will people in Solstheim and Mournhold also hate me? That would really be sad :(

check to see if you have any bribes.

personality of 43 is low. if you increase it by spells or potions, they should like you better. and i think when your reputation becomes greater, they will like you more. and it is possible to join both house telvanni and the mage guild. if you finish quest for both, they will like you.
Mike Plumley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 am

Try getting the Masque of Clavicus Vile. It will fortify your personality 30 points constant effect. This should make people like you enough to talk to you.
TRIsha FEnnesse

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 am

Thanks for the replies everyone. Seems everyone just hates me because of the telvanni thing, and my low personality. Gonna try to get that one higher.
The 'get naked' tip also worked, thank you very much :)
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

just crush them with a warhammer if they refuse to talk to you, teach them a lesson
Genocidal Cry

Return to III - Morrowind