Fallout4 ideas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am

This is what i want from Fallout4.

1. No LVL cap like in World of Warcraft.

2. Drivable vehicles like hover crafts and amored vehicles and motor bikes and helicopters etc.

3. NO RESPAWNS but reinforcements are acceptable.

4. A Brahmin pack mule that can carry up to 10x more than you can.

5. Fast travel in doors.

6. Can have anyone as your companion including NPC's if you ask the right questions and have the right bribe like caps or for a special item you need to find.

7. A map that is at least 4x bigger than the Fallout3 map.

8. Make it harder to earn action points but if you make a critical hit you get extra action points.

9. Dual wield for some weapons and have alternate fire capabilities and have different ammo types for some weapons.

10. Some new weapons and some new baddies on top of the old ones with some new NPC's and have some quests with large battles in them where the enemy comes in waves. Also make everything more destructible like buildings etc.
Marine Arrègle

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 pm

This is what i want from Fallout4.

2. Drivable vehicles like hover crafts and amored vehicles and motor bikes and helicopters etc.

5. Fast travel in doors.

6. Can have anyone as your companion including NPC's if you ask the right questions and have the right bribe like caps or for a special item you need to find.

8. Make it harder to earn action points but if you make a critical hit you get extra action points.

9. Dual wield for some weapons and have alternate fire capabilities and have different ammo types for some weapons.

10. Some new weapons and some new baddies on top of the old ones with some new NPC's and have some quests with large battles in them where the enemy comes in waves. Also make everything more destructible like buildings etc.

Those are good ideas maybe 7 will delay the game majorly and 8 should be optional...How about different ammo types
Spoiler
Like in Bioshock
and hidden items under dirt adn stuff so you can dig for items that are based on your luck, developing the need of glasses, guilds, alternate quest to become overseer, melee with guns (will wear it down terriblely) and real excerise instead of intense training
Judy Lynch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:55 am

i like idea number three. u could have it like, when u kill a guy a certain way, refinforcements will come depending on how u kill him. like if you explode his head, he cant call for reifnorcements becuse he will have no radio. and u should be able to call for reifnorcements to like those robots with the machine lasers and stuff.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 am

I like the cap, it keeps the game from getting repetitive, like world of warcraft, your less worried about "lvlin up ftw!", more about the story. I actually want to see less of a level up system in play. I liked it when in Fallout 2 you made what kind of character you wanted in the beginning, then it didn't change from level to level. I felt it should have been harder to level and get "skillz". This is an RPG, not a level up FPS "shoot everyone up" game. I didn't like the fact you could become "last, best hope of humanity" through leveling, it put to much dependence on it. I would like to see it underplayed in order to tell the story instead, like in Fable 2, where you had to complete "quests" in order to achieve such great titles and actually do something for them, so you feel rewarded. I don't care about a number, I care about getting rewarded for doing something cool in a game, like becoming Hero of Big Town because you saved everyone. I wanted to see a dynamic environment, as well, I didn't want to just see things go "boom" or things collapse. It was cool though when I was fighting Super Mutants in this hospital and used a mini-nuke to wipe them out and a part of the ceiling actually came down on them. But, what I am talking about, is actually change after you do something, like a flourishing Canterbury Commons after you save them from both of those stupid comical characters, they weren't very funny.

That would only be cool, and make since, if the vehicles are used to traverse the wasteland in fast travel, thus making fast travel make sense. I didn't like how safe it was to fast travel, it made the game too easy, they could have done it differently. You really only need it if you make the map like suggestion 8, bigger, otherwise I see no point. It makes it to much like GTA 4, where vehicles are so common, not like a world where a nuclear holocaust happened.

Ah, a hold over from Mercenary, right? Respawning makes sense when you fight a war where your enemy (Super Mutants) is taking your allies to turn them into more enemies to fight you. I wish there had been more Super Mutant "incursions" into DC, like everyone said they were doing. Spare us oblivion gates please... Considering the importance of the Super Mutant threat, and stopping it, in Fallout, I was surprised at how it was just thrown in their like Super Mutants were just one more thing out in the desert. In Fallout... they were very unique, because without a leader they simply rampage like rapid dogs. Therefore, there was more to the threat that was the Super Mutants in Fallout 3 they were searching for something, what, no one knows, awesome chance for a whole new main plot. The people at Bethesda actually made the DC Wasteland a goldmine of mystery for a decent writer, I hope they don't throw them away like they did Eden or "the Oblivion".

I wouldn't feel a Brahmin like this would be necessary since you have a house that you can store everything in.

5. Fast travel in doors.

It was strange to take so long to get through a door only to go into a small closet. I felt like they should have stopped punishing me for going through a door with an hour long loading screen...

I would have like to see the Fable 2 relationship system involved with unimportant NPC's, since most of them were useless anyways in their involvement to the story. It was dreadful to see the old "were people without names and you can't talk to us or interact with us even if you want to" routine with things like "Megaton Citizen" yeah everyone living there is one, why couldn't I bed the hot chick that gave me free stuff though? It felt lacking, the whole time the game didn't involve love, in fact, except for some high school verging on middle school dialogue considered flirtation. The game was devoid of love or lovemaking, what you would think would be important after an apocalypse, there is always love it transcends humanity itself, doesn't it?

I kinda of hoped for the game to be more, well, more focused. DC, even the downtown after an atomic hits it, should have been bigger and more detailed. From a denizen of the state, my scrutiny of their job doing DC is very biased, but being it my home I know of a lot they didn't involve they could have of. In the future I want DC to be more of rediscovering the whole city after it being destroyed, than it being a setting to a story that exists more out in the country. Hagerstown is one of our biggest cities and it was reduced to a town, there is no way a nuke could do that. Its like saying Baltimore could take two or three bombs to vaporize. Everything kind of seemed relative to everything else, as well, when it came to buildings Hagerstown is nothing like DC or the suburbs like Canterbury Commons was supposed to be, yet they were very alike.

V.A.T.S. did feel to easy to use, but in Fallout 2 I think it was like that to.

Halo 2, Bioshock much? Too much? It wouldn't fit, two pistols really or ammo types because it wouldn't fit with old Fallout, where guns were more modeled on the possibilities of the alternate timeline like plasma weapons and bullets that melted, but nothing that defied physics like firing lightening bolts from your hands.

Yes, the environment can be so much more dynamic and fragile based on your choices so you are forced to rely less on "make big boom, yay!" the fatman was such over kill everytime I used it. I wish a mini-nuke had a lot more penalties. While ammunition should be more scarce so you HAVE to be a hoarder and strategic. To be honest, I would like the player to be limited to only being able to use two weapons, since that is what I ended up using anyways. Once picked them I would have liked to be able to either "strip" a weapon or sell it. I would not my level being attached to what weapon I can use, but Power Armor seemed so common, even after how it was made so coveted as rare and unique in the original games and original lore, and the training for it was very unsatisfying. I wish training for Power Armor was like in Fable 1 where you had to go through years of training to become a hero, it would have made more sense to do it that way and made the game longer than it was. It was a very short game, to short for what it was supposed to be and laborious for what it was, not very rewarding as I hope it can be tweaked to be. Its like the burning of Kvatch, which turned me off from Oblivion, it burns and doesn't change at all throughout the WHOLE game. Terrible, terrible, terrible! I want to see a sense of achievement, like how in Fable 2 if your good and give the sheriff his warrants Bowerstone is perfect and ordered, which makes sense, that is important, and felt like you did that, you come off of it like "I did that? Nah... really? That's so cool!" It gave that world life as well.
Euan

Return to Fallout Series Discussion