Hooked on Fallout 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:03 am

I've clocked in about 55 hours on my first account on Fallout 3 on the PS3 and felt like i needed a break.. but i didn't want to feel like i will completely forget about fallout.
curious as to what the previous versions of Fallout were like, a "friend" gave me a Fallout 2 .iso file via email, and insisted i try it out and that it will help me with some understanding about
some certain things i didn't get in Fallout 3.

I gave it a shot and wow.. it is really addictive.
At first i was really confused in how you actually battle (you have 10 points each turn and things like shooting can take up 4 points, reloading 2 points, etc) so in order to win battles you had to be patient.

It has heaps of things from Fallout 3 including familiar meds and aid like Jet, Stickpack and Mental.. weapons like shotguns, sledge hammer and 10mm uzi/pistol and power armour (haven't found yet but ran into enclave soldiers) but most of all.. it has Vats! Not in great detail but it is still awesome.

I compare the graphics to Diablo 1 and sort of similar gameplay (except for the taking battles in steps)

Anyway for those who feel like they need a break from Fallout 3, try Fallout 1 or 2 or the other 2d versions of Fallout (I'm sure heaps of you already have, but for those who haven't then give it a try)
Cameron Wood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:29 am

Glad you liked it. Might want to consider getting the whole series. They're really cheap. Only $15 for all three games. :)
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:52 am

Glad you liked it. Might want to consider getting the whole series. They're really cheap. Only $15 for all three games. :)

nice =)

by all three you meat FO1, FO2 and FO: Brotherhood of steel right ?
stevie critchley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:12 pm

I mean Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is an XBox game, and wasn't well recieved by fans. Nor did it do well in terms of sales, so I'm guessing non-fans didn't think it was anything special either. I think you may want to give that one a miss. :)
Latisha Fry

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:27 pm

I can agree with that, people should try the previous games. Of course there's lots of items that are also in Fallout 3, it's a sequel isn't it? But really, if you tried Fallout 2 and you like it, go buy the original, to me it was a unique gaming experience.

It might be a little bit harder to get into FO1 and 2 than into FO3 with the modern graphics and appeal to a very broad audience, but to me FO1 and 2 are much more rewarding as a challenging game. Although combat is something you need to have patience with in the beginning, it eventually is addictive just as much as FO3. But what FO3 doesn't have and FO1 and 2 do have, is a great story, where things really tend to be told in detail, and I've yet to find a game that has better dialogue than FO1 and 2. Dialogue in games like KOTOR and Mass Effect is great, but FO1 did it even better in my opinion. Besides that, FO1 and 2 really demand that you roleplay, not maxing out everything as soon as you can, and the SPECIAL stats and skills in the game actually change the gaming experience depending on your choices.
Claire

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am

to me FO1 and 2 are much more rewarding as a challenging game.

This.
Angela

Return to Fallout Series Discussion