Tutorials

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 am

I was wondering if anybody could offer up some tutorials on the Oblivion CS especialy ones that were made for the transition from Morrrowind CS to the Oblivion CS thank you very much ahead of time.
^_^

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 am

try this http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page
Ron

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 am

Whilst the http://cs.elderscrolls.com isn't designed to facilitate the transition from Morrowind modding to Oblivion modding, they are both very similar, so you should have no problem with Oblivion.

Happy modding!!!
Riky Carrasco

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:35 am

I haven't modded morrowind for ages so I can't pinpoint all, but the things I found most changeable were these:
Most movement (scripting) has turned into animations.
You can Parent/Child link references now for easier scripts.
Quests are the source of most basic things now.
AI has taken a much more important role as no npc is standing still without a reason.

It's a much longer list of course...Personally it took me a while to get used to the transition but it's got easier and easier along the way.
(You can say pretty much the same about the new gamesas forums :D.)

As said, most things can be picked up easily and a really recommended thing is to follow the beginners tutorial as anything you already know should just allow to speed things up through those while you get to know more bits about oblivion modding as well.

Other than that, it's just the basic trial and error as ever :).
GLOW...

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you for the wiki I'll definetly look it over the CS does look similar but it's quite a bit harder to use than the Morrowind one.

If anyone else has any suggestions please list them we can make this the Tutorials motherload topic. :D
Danny Blight

Return to IV - Oblivion