Eugal Belette mystery

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 am

I've played many characters through the main quest before, but I had a strange experience with my newest one. Entering Chorrol for the first time after seeing Jauffre at Weynon Priory I found the body of Eugal Belette lying in front of that gate just next to Northern Goods. Of course my characters have often been attacked by Eugal and/or other Mythic Dawn agents after the Dagon Shrine quest, but I just wondered if anyone has found Eugal (or any other agent) dead BEFORE the Dagon Shrine quest in Chorrol or any other town. Just seems a bit weird. :)
Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:15 am

Blades, and the monks at Weynon Priory, will kill Mythic Dawn agents on sight regardless of what stage of the quest you're on. It's probably that Brother Piner was in town and killed him.
Rodney C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 am

Blades, and the monks at Weynon Priory, will kill Mythic Dawn agents on sight regardless of what stage of the quest you're on. It's probably that Brother Piner was in town and killed him.

I bet the Chorrol Guards don't appreciate Brother Piner doing that
jessica breen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:01 am

They'll actually join in and help him once Eugal exposes himself, which he'll do if anyone attacks him first. I've seen pretty much the whole town go after him once he revealed his hidden identity. He didn't stand a chance. And that was before I had even completed the Path of Dawn quest.
Melanie

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:04 pm

If you have a bounty, guards and npc's seem to react to the assault first when you strike a MD agent, and if you're a criminal with a murder rating target you first, that just may be me though.
Krystina Proietti

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:46 am

If your bounty is over 500, guards will try to apprehend you on sight.

If you attack a Mythic Dawn agent unprovoked, you'll get a bounty. I think the Mythic Dawn agents are the instigators against the others, in this case.

If the Mythic Dawn agents are hostile, you may be able to get away with attacking them even if they don't see you first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqOEkjCRJ8.

Also, Command Humanoid 100 points for 1 sec is a good way to get Mythic Dawn agents to attack you when they normally wouldn't. When the spell wears off, their disposition towards you drops considerably. One or two casts, three at the outside, and you'll have them so mad they reveal themselves and attack you, at which time you're free to defend yourself or let the guards handle 'em. Command Humanoid is a non-hostile spell, 100 points is listed as "Level 25" and you'll need to not be wearing armor for it to work on all NPCs; some NPCs don't have an aggression level high enough to attack someone unprovoked, but all Mythic Dawn agents do.
Claire Lynham

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks Kristopher, I did not know it was a 500 bounty for the automatic apprehend, I just figured it anywhere below 1000.
The rest I did know and have used to be honest, i.e sneaking, command, armour to level use for leveled spells such as command.
Funnily enough over the last two days I have discused sneak assassinations how they mitagate the 1000 kill bounty, and work on most npc's but guards as long as not spotted.
Command as a tool, and the lack of use of armour for casters over level 25.

Thanks anyway for the great info, and if your post was not aimed at me, sorry about getting a tad defensive.
Paula Rose

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 pm

Aha! Thanks Kristoffer...I did not know about the blades and monks behaving that way. Have never run into any agents having that happen to them. Thanks again! :)
Ronald

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 am

Yeah I've found him dead before.
louise tagg

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Actually, they help him when Eugal starts flipping out.
Agnieszka Bak

Return to IV - Oblivion