Having trouble when i start a new game.

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm

I have a Inspiron 15 laptop from dell, with a intel HD graphics card, i have 4 GB of ram and plenty of space, and the system runs on windows 7 with a i3 core inside.
I bought this game not to long ago on steam and it downloaded with flying colours, and even starts up with no problems, but when i try to play a new game a message come's up saying that fallout 3 has stopped working. My first soultion was to change the settings so that it would run like it was windows xp and vista but that did not work.

I'm not a computer wizz so i'm out of ideas, and need help. So my question is how can i fix this problem, or is it a lost cause.
Laura Samson

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 pm

intel HD graphics card

This would be the problem, the game will not run on any of the Intel video chipsets (its not even a video card). They are just too weak to play the game and do not support the correct shader models. And since its a laptop, its almost impossible to upgrade. The best way is just to wait until you have a better PC to play the game on.
Baby K(:

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Would their be any other way to upgrade the card though the internet
Logan Greenwood

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Would their be any other way to upgrade the card though the internet

No, it's hardware. You can't get a fix for it from the internet. You can update the drivers but that probably won't do you any good. It's simply not designed for playing games. Next time you buy software online, you really should check the requirements to make sure you don't end up wasting your money. Or get yourself a desktop system so you can at least upgrade whatever you need to.
Nuno Castro

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:10 am

Also as you are on a laptop you cannot upgrade the graphics card anyway.

Few laptops are upgradeable and the few that are have to be sent back to the manufacturer for it to be done (At considerable expense to the user)
Stryke Force

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:59 pm

No, it's hardware. You can't get a fix for it from the internet.

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/ :laugh:

Spoiler
Note this is not real and will not work, just a joke.

On topic, no you cannot download anything to make it work, its simply too weak. You will just have to wait until you get a new computer (preferably a desktop so you can upgrade).
DarkGypsy

Return to Fallout 3