Fallout 3 Saving

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:56 am

Hello. I have a lot of viruses on my computer that they wont go away and I was think about reformating my hard drive. Is there any way possible that fallout 3 could be still saved. I know where the saves are located at documents > My games > Fallout 3 > saves...Do I just send one of the saves to my email and then just send it back to saves when I install it again? Someone Please help. Thanks!
phillip crookes

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:02 am

Hello. I have a lot of viruses on my computer that they wont go away and I was think about reformating my hard drive. Is there any way possible that fallout 3 could be still saved. I know where the saves are located at documents > My games > Fallout 3 > saves...Do I just send one of the saves to my email and then just send it back to saves when I install it again? Someone Please help. Thanks!

if i were you i would reformat your pc and just buy new vegas when it comes out, its gonna be a fun game, and better than FO3, otherwise FO3 isn't very expensive. prob 20 bucks.
Tamara Primo

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 pm

How do you even know its better. And I want a better answer to my topic.
:)Colleenn

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:02 am

You could always put your saves on a CD/DVD or flash drive as well. That would probably be more convenient that emailing it, though that would work. A piece of advice. If you reformat your drive, set up a separate partition that is only used for your OS and hardware files, then use the other partition for everything else. That way if you ever run into problems again like you're having now, you'll only have to reformat your OS partition and can still keep all of your data. A 50 gig partition should be more than large enough for any Windows OS. I currently have a 40 gig partition for Vista and there is still about 18 gigs available.
kirsty williams

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 am

You could always put your saves on a CD/DVD or flash drive as well. That would probably be more convenient that emailing it, though that would work. A piece of advice. If you reformat your drive, set up a separate partition that is only used for your OS and hardware files, then use the other partition for everything else. That way if you ever run into problems again like you're having now, you'll only have to reformat your OS partition and can still keep all of your data. A 50 gig partition should be more than large enough for any Windows OS. I currently have a 40 gig partition for Vista and there is still about 18 gigs available.

Yep, I use about 30GB of my SSD for my Windows 7 install. It works pretty well, with plenty of room left over. http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/Starforce9/NewDrives-1.jpg
scorpion972

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Ok I sent Save 534 - seven, My Megaton House, 36.16.53.fos to D: Windows Recovery is that all I need to send for everything to save?
Chris BEvan

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Yep, I use about 30GB of my SSD for my Windows 7 install. It works pretty well, with plenty of room left over. http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/Starforce9/NewDrives-1.jpg

I learned that lesson back in my Windows 98 days. That OS was so unstable I was constantly having to redo it, losing all of my other data in the process. After creating a separate OS partition though, I never had to worry about it again. I've never lost any data in many years of computing, except when I had a hard drive die on me.
April

Return to Fallout 3