Issues installing BS/PL and Pitt/Anch addons.

Post » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:44 am

Well I have searched for this and cant find it. This probably is not a good time to be doing this as I just got back from a long trip and have been awake for 24+ hours. I bought The Pitt/Anchorage and BS/Lookout disks on amazon, both new. They arrived while I was gone and I thought I would try installing them and giving it a quick play before I pass out. However, when I insert the disk, no autorun opens at all. Then I open the disk manually through MyComputer. It contains a UK and US version of the patch, the fallout Icon, a Setup Info document called autorun and then an application for the addon. (Its the same on each disk, except of course the app is named differently for each disk as they each contain 2 addons.) So I double click the application to install. After a few minutes I get this error message:

D:\Fallout - Broken Steel Point Lookout EN.EXE

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

I have tried running it as administrator, as I am on Win 7 64 bit. What could be causing this? It may be something obvious due to my current state, but I don't know. I have had the original game for like 16 months now and I can always install it no problem, but it has an autorun. Also, of course for the Pitt and Anchorage disk, the error says this instead.

D:\Fallout - The Pitt Operation Anchorage EN.EXE

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

So let me know if you can help. I have found nothing else about this on the forums. Thanks.

Gunmaster95
Angel Torres

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:10 pm

Well, I found a fix. I tried it last night too and it didnt work so I'm not sure why. I copied the application off the disks onto my hard drive, then ran them as administrator and I could install them both. Odd, but I'm glad it worked. Problem solved.
Jonathan Egan

Return to Fallout 3