Can't drop items with 360 gamepad

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:25 am

Playing Fallout 3 GOTY on Windows 7 PC using a wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 gamepad. When you open your pip boy in the game, you are supposed to be able to drop items by pressing the x button. However, that option no longer appears (it used to be below press Y to repair, but now there's nothing.) Pressing X does not drop items. When I use KB/M, I can still drop items in the exact same place using right click. I first noticed this problem in the SuperDuperMart early on in the game, but it could have started happening earlier and I didn't notice it since I wasn't dropping anything.

Searched the net for solutions, found a few other people who are having similar issues but no solution. Tried searching this forum and didn't find anything related to this issue, my apologies if there is a previous thread with a solution posted.
Emily Jeffs

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:01 am

Playing Fallout 3 GOTY on Windows 7 PC using a wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 gamepad. When you open your pip boy in the game, you are supposed to be able to drop items by pressing the x button. However, that option no longer appears (it used to be below press Y to repair, but now there's nothing.) Pressing X does not drop items. When I use KB/M, I can still drop items in the exact same place using right click. I first noticed this problem in the SuperDuperMart early on in the game, but it could have started happening earlier and I didn't notice it since I wasn't dropping anything.

Searched the net for solutions, found a few other people who are having similar issues but no solution. Tried searching this forum and didn't find anything related to this issue, my apologies if there is a previous thread with a solution posted.

I know what the problem is there is a fallout esp that need to be loaded. If your running mods and unchecked it then you cant drop items with the controler. I just reformat my PC and dont have Fallout loaded so I cant tell you the exact name of the esp. If you cant find it let me know and I will install the game and let you know the exact name of the file.
Sista Sila

Return to Fallout 3