Fallout 3 GOTY stuck in Mothership Zeta

Post » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 pm

I've been playing Fallout 3 GOTY for nearly 30 hours. I'm nearly at the end of the Mothership Zeta missions and have reached the set of three teleporters (only one of which is active and should take you to the Death Ray.) However it doesn't work when I step on it and try to activate it. The teleporter is active (i.e. it glows to show it is powered up) but nothing happens.

I have tried pressing the nearby switch and stepping back on the teleporter. I have tried deleting the game data. I have tried deleting old save data. I have tried restarting my machine. I have tried saving whilst on the teleporter and restarting the game (as advised by another forum.) Nothing seems to allow me to beam to the Death Ray.

HELP! I am so close to finishing this and this is the first major bug that I have experienced that means that I cannot complete something. I have been really enjoying this game and it seems a shame if I can't get past this section. Does anyone have any other advice or know a fix for this game. I imagine that it's highly unlikely Bethesda will release any fixes or patches for this game given how long ago it was released.
Alexxxxxx

Return to Fallout 3