Skyrim leveling system

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't understand why people didn't like the oblivion leveling system. When i played morrowind i hated how all of the creatures like cliff racers leveled up with me. Regardless on if i was a 3 or a level 20 they were still a nuisance. A highly developed and highly leveled character should be able to kill some animals or beasts with ease as they get stronger, that is a reward for going up in levels.. In oblivion if you were an underdevoploed character who just started the game then somthing simple like an imp could put up a fight. when you are a level 30 they aren't good anymore as they shouldn't be.Then new beasts like minotaur lords would come and could put up a fight. someone please tell me why people think morrowinds leveling system is better.
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:15 pm

I think you are backwards. Morrowind had enemies that didn't get any stronger as the game progressed as I understand it. Cliff racers quickly become useless. Meanwhile, Oblivion had Bandits in Glass armor that were amazingly jacked once you got to a high level. And at the start of the game EVERYTHING was squishy as hell and you just cleaved through everything. Morrowind starts hard and gets easier as you get stronger, Oblivion was EZ mode and steadily got harder until every fight became a ten minute back and forth of smacking.
Chloe Botham

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Yeah take everything you just said and swap Oblivion for Morrowind and you will have your answer
Victor Oropeza

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:34 am

Once I tried OOO and FCOM I never went back to the vanilla leveling system in oblivion. I find it fun not knowing what your going to see next and not being overpowered.
Kira! :)))

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 am

people dislike the fact that in oblivion the stronger they got the more rediculous the enemy did. I hated ploding through a ten minute sword fight everytime id run across a bandit.

morrowind the fights were neigh impossible at first than a cake walk later [minus bosses],

The main problem ive had was that gear and loot are scaled [that is BS]. id raid a dungeon or cave and find a ring that was supposed to be amazing but because i was level one it was worthless
Caroline flitcroft

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:15 pm

I would love to see some tweaks to the system but I wouldn't completely overhaul it.
HARDHEAD

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Once I tried OOO and FCOM I never went back to the vanilla leveling system in oblivion. I find it fun not knowing what your going to see next and not being overpowered.

I spent a day trying to figure out the OOO and FCOM installations and I must say, when I finally got in-game it was a SPECTACULAR experience. However it was entirely too unstable and so I just scrapped the whole thing and went back to Morrowind. I wish those mod packs were easier to install :(
HARDHEAD

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 am

There is already a thread with a poll about this subject. Let's fill it up prior to opening a new one please.

Top left corner "search= "leveling">"this forum" enter for searching topics. ;)

http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1148814-remove-extensive-level-scaling-in-skyrim-part-2/page__st__140
Deon Knight

Return to V - Skyrim