Ending to the Infernal City

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:44 am

From here on will be a lot of spoilers. If you haven't finished the book, don't read any of this:

Spoiler
I don't get the ending at all. All that I understood was that Glim and the girl (Forget her name) are now stuck on Umbriel because they spent too much time on it and their souls got attached.

But I don't understand at all what happened to Sul, the Prince, or Colin. Could someone explain the ending to me? Ive reread it multiple times, but I just don't get it.

Thanks,
Allstar
Rob Smith

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 am

WRONG SECTION SIR !
The Time Car

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 am

WRONG SECTION SIR !

:shocking:
Casey

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:03 am

:shocking:

You could of put it in TES general section.
Vera Maslar

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 am

You could of put it in TES general section.

I don't know what your talking about. It IS in the TES general section :whistle:

Anyway, back on topic. Could anyone help me out?
Brandon Wilson

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:35 am

GAAH! PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!

Have you ever tried to moderate a post while trying desperately not to see what it says? :blink:

I'd best go take a bath now and try to hurry up my reading - I'm nowhere near the end!
Crystal Clarke

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Spoiler
I don't get the ending at all. All that I understood was that Glim and the girl (Forget her name) are now stuck on Umbriel because they spent too much time on it and their souls got attached.

But I don't understand at all what happened to Sul, the Prince, or Colin. Could someone explain the ending to me? Ive reread it multiple times, but I just don't get it.

Thanks,
Allstar

Spoiler
It's probably leading onto a sequel, bit of a cliff hanger. I like sul, i hope he doesn't die.

Nicole Kraus

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:47 am

Spoiler
It's probably leading onto a sequel, bit of a cliff hanger. I like sul, i hope he doesn't die.

Spoiler
Yeah, I was actually roleplaying as him in TESIV. Would be a buzzkill to have to change my roleplay because he died. Also, from reading this I don't think there will be a TESV. I mean, the lore just got flipped onto it's head (The imperial city getting destroyed possibly). It would be tough for Beth to incorporate something that large into TESV. Just my opinion though.

SiLa

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Spoiler
Yeah, I was actually roleplaying as him in TESIV. Would be a buzzkill to have to change my roleplay because he died. Also, from reading this I don't think there will be a TESV. I mean, the lore just got flipped onto it's head (The imperial city getting destroyed possibly). It would be tough for Beth to incorporate something that large into TESV. Just my opinion though.

Spoiler
Why would that be difficult in the slightest? TES V doesn't have to take place in Cyrodiil at all, meaning that it can easily be explained.

Romy Welsch

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Spoiler
Why would that be difficult in the slightest? TES V doesn't have to take place in Cyrodiil at all, meaning that it can easily be explained.

Spoiler
Well, unless TESV production started after the book was written, things would have to change. I mean, If TESV was already in progress, and then this book says that the Imperial City might get destroyed, large parts of TESV would have to be changed for the lore, since Blackmarsh, Morrowind, and Cyrodill all got hammered from Umbriel.

Or they could just add a couple lines to the "rumors" talk about it.

luis ortiz

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:11 am

Spoiler
Well, unless TESV production started after the book was written, things would have to change. I mean, If TESV was already in progress, and then this book says that the Imperial City might get destroyed, large parts of TESV would have to be changed for the lore, since Blackmarsh, Morrowind, and Cyrodill all got hammered from Umbriel.

Um, you don't think that since this book was sanctioned by bethesda that maybe, just maybe, they knew what was going to happen in the book before it was written?

Believe me, there'll be many more TES games. Bethesda likes money, after all.
Hella Beast

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:50 am

Spoiler

Spoiler
Hopefully they destroy umbriel before it does any more damage to cyrodiil and the lore :P. TESV might still take place in skyrim, which conviently hasnt been affected by the umbriel crisis

And i never thought of rping sul, awesome idea.

Matthew Barrows

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Yeah I didnt undestand what happened with Sul and Attrebus either. I remember asking about it in the first thread but it went unanswered.
Mashystar

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 am

Spoiler

Spoiler
The ending will make more sense when you read the second book. It's meant to be a cliffhanger, so you'll buy the other book to find out what happens.

As for TESV, the book wont stop it from coming out. Bethesda themselves helped Keyes write it, so they know everything that he wrote and definitely knew what they wanted him to write about before he started. They probably detailed the major events of the first and second book as soon as they started writing for TESV, and let Keyes write about those major events. Anything that happens in the books just means there will be new lore when TESV comes out, which is a good thing.

keri seymour

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 am

Spoiler
It was pretty obvious that Sul and Attrebus escaped from their captor Vuhon by travelling into Oblivion, similarly to how they had already travelled from the remains of Vvardenfell. The second novel, when it's released, is only the second half of a novel that was chopped in two, as far as I can tell.

Beulah Bell

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:13 am

Spoiler
It was pretty obvious that Sul and Attrebus escaped from their captor Vuhon by travelling into Oblivion, similarly to how they had already travelled from the remains of Vvardenfell. The second novel, when it's released, is only the second half of a novel that was chopped in two, as far as I can tell.

Ohhh, is it really one story split into two books, when i bought it i thought it was a bit thin...

I just can't wait for the next book to come out.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:27 am

Ohhh, is it really one story split into two books, when i bought it i thought it was a bit thin...

I just can't wait for the next book to come out.

As far as I can tell, it is. Keyes did a similar thing with his four-volume series "The Kingdom of Thorn and Bone". Not much time passes between volumes, though I've only gotten halfway through the series.
SexyPimpAss

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Spoiler

Spoiler
Actually from what we know neither of the provinces was really "hammered" by Umbriel, in Blackmarsh it only hit one major city and traveled in a straight line to the ruins of Vivec. You have to keep in mind the provinces are FAR bigger than what they're shown as in the games, judged from the scale on some maps like 100th of their actual size.
Morrowind was pretty much destroyed long before that happened already.

Donald Richards

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:09 am

Spoiler
Morrowind was pretty much destroyed long before that happened already.

Spoiler
Kinda makes you feel bad for robbing Vivec of his power back in Morrowind, doesn't it.

Sasha Brown

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 am

Spoiler
Kinda makes you feel bad for robbing Vivec of his power back in Morrowind, doesn't it.

Spoiler
Actually with Vivec being cut off from the hearts power due to Dagoth Ur's meddling it would have just been a question of time anyway, it may have happened later but would have happened anyway.

LuBiE LoU

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Spoiler
Actually with Vivec being cut off from the hearts power due to Dagoth Ur's meddling it would have just been a question of time anyway, it may have happened later but would have happened anyway.

Spoiler
Perhaps, we can't really know for sure what would have happened; what we do know though, is that your destruction of the heart definitely served as a catalyst to Morrowind's problems.

Honestly, I always got the impression that, even though he wanted to be the sole controller of the Heart, Dagoth Ur seemed like he wanted folks to like him (He was awfully polite :) ). That said, I could see him using his ill-gotten gains to keep the Moon aloft when Vivec failed to do so simply as a means of showing the Dunmer that -he- was the one they should be worshipping, not the Tribunal.

That too, though, is speculation.

Annick Charron

Post » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:44 am

Spoiler
Spoiler
Considering that we had to get the wraithguard from him and he knew what we were going to do with it, he fully intended that Morrowind be destroyed. Maybe he thought a god would stop it. You can hardly feel bad for removing his power when he had nearly lost it already and decided to allow all his followers to die.

aisha jamil

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:26 pm

There is an official topic for this, let's keep all the spoiler boxes in one thread.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1061320
x a million...

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion