Where does house Dres and house indoril have holdings ?

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:36 am

I know morrowind isn't one of them.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Actually, Great Houses Indoril and Dres do have holdings in morrowind. You're probably confused because Morrowind the game actually takes place on the large island of Vvardenfell, which takes up about a third of the province, it's in the north. http://tamrielchronicles.com/assets/concept_morrowind.jpg is a political map of Morrowind.

House Dres is a house built mainly on agriculture and slavery, mostly saltrice. Its plantations and holdings, as you can see on the map, are mostly in the swamps of Southern Morrowind. House Indoril is based on the central mainland, in Mournhold/Almalexia and the outlying cities and towns. Most of the Ordinators on Vvardenfell are of House Indoril. Redoran, Telvanni, and Hlaalu houses all moved their council, main holdings, and leadership to Vvardenfell (with cities remaining on the mainland with less dominance) while Dres and Indoril stayed on the mainland of Morrowind in their plainly-seen capital cities.
Brad Johnson

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:46 pm

Actually, Great Houses Indoril and Dres do have holdings in morrowind. You're probably confused because Morrowind the game actually takes place on the large island of Vvardenfell, which takes up about a third of the province, it's in the north. http://tamrielchronicles.com/assets/concept_morrowind.jpg is a political map of Morrowind.

House Dres is a house built mainly on agriculture and slavery, mostly saltrice. Its plantations and holdings, as you can see on the map, are mostly in the swamps of Southern Morrowind. House Indoril is based on the central mainland, in Mournhold/Almalexia and the outlying cities and towns. Most of the Ordinators on Vvardenfell are of House Indoril. Redoran, Telvanni, and Hlaalu houses all moved their council, main holdings, and leadership to Vvardenfell (with cities remaining on the mainland with less dominance) while Dres and Indoril stayed on the mainland of Morrowind in their plainly-seen capital cities.

Is there a mod that lets you visit the rest of the places on the map linked ?
Beth Belcher

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 am

Is there a mod that lets you visit the rest of the places on the map linked ?

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/ is working on it, but it's a massive (and subsequently slow) undertaking.
Jesus Duran

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:45 am

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/ is working on it, but it's a massive (and subsequently slow) undertaking.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it never gets finished at all. But if you're interested in seeing other parts of Morrowind, you should check it out.

If I remember correctly, I think what I read was that in early development plans, Bethesda might have intended to include all of Morrowind, but obviously, that didn't happen, so instead we got confined to Vvardenfell, until Tribunal added Mournhold, but didn't allow you to explore beyond its few districts and the dungeons underneath it. I suppose with Tribunal, Bethesda put more focus on dungeon crawling, so the above-ground areas to explore were quite small.
saharen beauty

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:17 am

Actually, Great Houses Indoril and Dres do have holdings in morrowind.

Not any more!
Courtney Foren

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:42 am

Not any more!

I lol'd
Richard Thompson

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Not any more!

Owned.
CHARLODDE

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 am

The Tamriel Rebuilt project has about 1/6th of the Morrowind mainland in a partially-quested beta stage that's VERY playable, and another 1/6th in an unquested state. They're both fun to explore, dungeon-dive in, carry on with the locals, and just plain "enjoy", but the 2nd map section is still somewhat limited by the lack of quests. Screenshots of the 3rd section are looking amazing. The development team is sticking very closely to lore, keeping it as close as possible to the "feel" of the original game, and doing a fine job of generally meeting or exceeding the level of quality that Bethesda managed when they created the original game. And it's still a "beta" version....

I'd highly recommend any Morrowind PC players (especially Telvanni fans) check out the first TR map at the very least, although you'll also need to download the Morrowind Code Patch to resize your world map (and fix of bunch of other previously unrepairable issues), otherwise you'll be wandering outside of its area and travelling "blind" in that respect.
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:15 am

Nevermind.
Chris Ellis

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:32 pm

The Tamriel Rebuilt project has about 1/6th of the Morrowind mainland in a partially-quested beta stage that's VERY playable, and another 1/6th in an unquested state. They're both fun to explore, dungeon-dive in, carry on with the locals, and just plain "enjoy", but the 2nd map section is still somewhat limited by the lack of quests. Screenshots of the 3rd section are looking amazing. The development team is sticking very closely to lore, keeping it as close as possible to the "feel" of the original game, and doing a fine job of generally meeting or exceeding the level of quality that Bethesda managed when they created the original game. And it's still a "beta" version....

I'd highly recommend any Morrowind PC players (especially Telvanni fans) check out the first TR map at the very least, although you'll also need to download the Morrowind Code Patch to resize your world map (and fix of bunch of other previously unrepairable issues), otherwise you'll be wandering outside of its area and travelling "blind" in that respect.

Must svck how Morrowind has been douched upon by expatriate Dunmer tyrants, Nords, Orcs, Daedra, Meteors, explosions, Argonians, necromantic floating cities, Argonian zombies, Greg Keyes, Todd Howard, and Bethesda.
Motionsharp

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:30 am

Not a problem; it already did its job by hosting the best game in the TES series, at least in my opinion. Returning would be anti-climactic, and there are still fresh and "unique" provinces worth seeing: Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood, the Summerset Isles, etc. Oh, and there's also Skyrim; let's hope it turns out fresh and "unique", and not another generic pesudo-Middle-Ages happy forest or a bleak expanse of ice and snow.
james kite

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:05 am

I'd love to see how they'd handle Blackmarsh, since it gets more toxic the further in you go. Would make for an interesting game haha.
Mr. Allen

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:28 pm

I'd love to see how they'd handle Blackmarsh, since it gets more toxic the further in you go. Would make for an interesting game haha.

Agreed.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:35 pm

Kind of reminds me of the blighted areas around Red Mountain, in a weird sort of way.....
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Not a problem; it already did its job by hosting the best game in the TES series, at least in my opinion. Returning would be anti-climactic, and there are still fresh and "unique" provinces worth seeing: Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood, the Summerset Isles, etc. Oh, and there's also Skyrim; let's hope it turns out fresh and "unique", and not another generic pesudo-Middle-Ages happy forest or a bleak expanse of ice and snow.

I second that. Or perhaps there could be some inter-provincial raiding, hmmmm?????
Luna Lovegood

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion