Bethesda/Zenimax Online likely developing a TES MMO

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:14 am

Read these two links:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/20/secret-world-of-warcraft-type-mmo-in-development-at-bethesda/
http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/20/source-bethesdas-elder-scrolls-mmo-missed-its-2009-reveal/

According to VG247's "very reliable source," the secret, World of Warcraft style MMO that Bethesda, or rather, Zenimax Online, has been working on is a TES MMO.

Now, this isn't confirmed yet, but it's very likely. And before you get worried, this isn't Bethesda the developer making this, it's Zenimax Online. At least, that's the way it seems.

So, discuss this revelation. I know a lot of people here are opposed to a TES MMO, so I'm curious as to how everybody will react.
dell

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

I know a lot of people here are opposed to a TES MMO, so I'm curious as to how everybody will react.

As long as the main series isn't defiled with multiplayer crap, I'm fine with it. I think it's a good idea that multiplayer and singleplayer aspects are done in wholly separate games.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 am

I still doubt they'll make a TES-MMO as they clearly stated they DON'T want to make the series one a few times before the release of Oblivion. While plans may change i still think TES will remain single player-offline or at the max "CO-OP player" or "vs Arena".

You have to remember that Zenimax owns MORE than just Bethesda softworks, it's more likely they plan online releases with another studio and not Bethesda.
clelia vega

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:33 pm

Well it was known that they were making an MMO, at least I think I've heard this before. I see know problem with it, as long as it doesn't get in the way of TES:V, and if it is about TES; which seems likely since what else is gonna fit "world of warcraft style", I'm hoping that it is gonna be free, or else I'm just really not that interested.
Donald Richards

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:34 am

beth handles single player stuff only, what ever MMO is in the works it won't be developed by bethesda. im not sure when zeni online was formed, but im pretty sure it wasnt 2006 and therefore the project is no where near completion.

/me gigled uncontrollably at forthcoming devoted fan rage, among other things.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 am

TES Adventures mmo is cool, but taking multiplayer to the Chapters would be a bitter idea. Personally, I'd like to see Yokuda with this one, or have your team of ass holes trapse about Cyrodiil during the Alessia rebellion.

A picture up at Zeni online's site showed a desert with a tall mesa, so I'd like to believe it was a region of Yokuda, before the pankratosword.

After reading the second article, it does look like Bethesda the developer has been working on it, not Zeni online (who may be the publisher). Zeni online wouldn't need to reveal any of its projects to Interplay, so again, it must be Bethesda the developers. The source was certain the game was going to be revealed last year, so it can't be more than a few months from completion. I assume it was pulled to work on it further. This is still possibly an Adventures type peripheral game to the Chapters.
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:01 am

Noooooooooooooooo!

I'm sick of MMOs. Everyone's making them and they're failing left and right. Not only that, we (well, most of us) can't afford the time or money to play more than one or two max. I had hoped they would make a multiplayer TES, something like Baldur's Gate was multiplayer, not like WoW is multiplayer.

This kinda svcks.

Only hope now is that they don't stop making single player TES games.
Judy Lynch

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:55 am

Noooooooooooooooo!

I'm sick of MMOs. Everyone's making them and they're failing left and right. Not only that, we (well, most of us) can't afford the time or money to play more than one or two max. I had hoped they would make a multiplayer TES, something like Baldur's Gate was multiplayer, not like WoW is multiplayer.

This kinda svcks.

Only hope now is that they don't stop making single player TES games.

Its wont be the end for single player, beth listens to their fans, and im sure that most dedicated fans wont like this. I would only like this game if there was no monthly subscription, its one reason i dont play mmo's. And because i dnot play them; i cannot possibly compare it to other mmo's.

Why do people hate mmo's, is it for coz of noobs? or is it lore related?
Ells

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Don't see what's wrong with this. It's not like all elder scrolls games are gonna be multiplayer. Even if they were, who says you have to play with someone else? I'm actually intrigued at how this will turn out.
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:39 am

There is an official http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1036432. Please use it.
Chris Ellis

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion