Arnandre Erelue's Exploration of Cyrodiil

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Eugh, my old Fanfic has died, sadly. So this time I'm writing a factual story about the wonders of Cyrodiil. Partly lore, partly made up, you can expect to be reading about the history of Cyrodiil, it's culture, it's wildlife and many regions. I hope you will enjoy it! But beware - There will be a great many spoilers in this fanfiction.

Expect to be reading the first chapter tomorrow - At the moment feedback of the idea would be great!
Jaylene Brower

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:14 am

Okay cool, I'm looking foward to this one. But what was wrong with the other one? I thought it was really good.
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:36 am

This sounds like it has great potential. I'm looking forward to your next post!
marie breen

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Alrighty, then. I'll see if I can handle two fanfics at once. :D

Chapter 1: Wildlife
Section 1: The Heartlands

Species native to the Heartlands are usually rather commonley seen and dull. This is because of the close proximity to the massive cosmopolitan Imperial City, which houses hundreds. Such creatures are also treated with contempt and disrespect, as most are seen as pests.

The largest mass of the Heartland's mass can be found within the sprawling sewer network that lies beneath the city. The huge amounts of tunnels and hiding darkness is pure heaven for giant rat colonies, of which there are two major ones. The fact that the water inside is connected to the Lake Rumare, notorious for it's Slaughterfish shoals, has produced many new specimens of the predatory fish that are specially adapted for the dark area. Mudcrabs also enjoy the dank air and tend to make their nests in the safety of the smaller sewer tunnels.

There are also some more disturbing sewer occupants. Secret practicioners of Necromancy tend to dump their subjects down city drains when their usefulness has ended, and thus there are at most several dozen Zombies wandering around the sewers aimlessly. Sewer Zombies are considered a threat by the Imperial Legion, as although they tend to stay in the darkest depths possible, more than once a lone Zombie has exited the sewers right into the city centre.

A small tribe of Goblins also make their home beneath the city, in a labyrinth of caves that are entwined with the main sewers. Goblins rarely come under threat from the rest of the Sewer's inhabitants, as they find reaching the cave difficult whilst agile Goblins can easily traverse the high and unstable entrances. However, a stray Zombie or two have been known to have infiltrated the Goblin hideout. Goblins primarily eat the Sewer Rats that also live in the sewers.

Moving outside the sewers, City Isle and the small plot of land surrounding Lake Rumare still classed as the Heartlands are usually dominated by wolves and deer. However, there is one specimen that the Heartlands can call unique, and that is Slaughterfish. Lake Rumare is the only place one can actually find Slaughterfish in the open, and it isn't difficult to find them here. With the ferocity of pirahnas, they will strike without thinking literally all the time. Whilst Slaughterfish are fairly small, usually about the length of a Human arm, there have been rumours of larger specimens living deep in the lake - Which are supposedly just as vicious.

----------------------------------
sara OMAR

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 am

==DISCONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE===

I'm going to be spending some more time on my first fanfiction. This thread will probably end up being forgotten, but I assure you that sometime I will write fanfictions like this. Considered the first chapter as your teaser :P
Lisa Robb

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion