The Chronicles of Splatulated the Doom-Sayer

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:56 pm

The Chronicles of Splatulated the Doom-Sayer

... Life the "Gift" of god or the Curse of Death".

That was the only thought I had after I left that miserable excuse for an Imperial Jailer Ship. My second thought being, how I would explain why I had been arrested and then released to a whole new land I've never seen before.

All that I can remember before being arrested is the death of what I assume to be my parents, the burning massacre of the village I lived in and the blood-curdeling war-cries of an attacking force...

My name is Splatulated... or it is now after being in prison for three years, and then being forced to travel for longer still. In that time I have forgotten the name given to me at writ of birth. Why do I call myself Splatulated? I call myself splatulated because its the only thing I think would best describe how I will end up in one word, and if it were to be carved into a grave (presumably mine) it would give a pretty clear picture on how I died.

If you wish to know why I was arrested I could tell you it was for robbing a bank or murder... But truth is it was for "Disrupting the Peace" as the guards put it. How did I disrupt the peace is probably going to be your next question and the answer is very simple, I am a Doom-Sayer. Now if you don't know what a Doom-Sayer is I can just tell you this, it is someone who yells out ramblings of doom such as "Death from the skies - RRRUUNN AAAWWWAAAYYY" and "The END is nye be warned".

Notes: I am currently working on the trip between the Census and Exercise office and Cascades house and currently have half a paragraph on riding the Siltstrider and about two paragraphs in a quick note of making a "cover up" identity that Cascades asked for
Dawn Porter

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Is that all your work? If so I am quite impressed and although it is a bit short it is certainly a considerable improvement on anything you have tried before.

Let's read some more please.
phil walsh

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:40 pm

GOOD!

You have taken my advice to "Just DO IT"/

Continue!

We will all help.
Rob Davidson

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:11 pm

GOOD!

You have taken my advice to "Just DO IT"/

Continue!

We will all help.

i have just one question about cosades what is his personality like because after re-reading my quick note i wrote he sounds some what brain dead....
djimi

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:27 am

That depends on how you want to portray him. Although, I have to say, it's a bit unlikely for the Caius Cosades, spy-master of the blades, to be an utter moron. The brain-deadness is a cover.
kitten maciver

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 pm

ill be posting more of what i have tonight im now got my 5th page (on paper) probably be les tho due to spaces and edity my 1st page is honeslty about a 3rd page on paper
Sharra Llenos

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:48 pm

ill be posting more of what i have tonight im now got my 5th page (on paper) probably be les tho due to spaces and edity my 1st page is honeslty about a 3rd page on paper

ok so ive just posted more onto my notepad thing on my user control...

do i post the rest into my 1st post or do i continue in this post or my next???
Bad News Rogers

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:21 pm

ok so ive just posted more onto my notepad thing on my user control...

do i post the rest into my 1st post or do i continue in this post or my next???

Add your "next chapter" in a separate post here, that way it goes to the top of the forum and gets noticed.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 pm

After filling out the "forms" for Socucius Ergalla or as I like to call him "The mentally challenged bald guy", I wondered what he was talking about levels and specializing major and minor skill classes for... At that time I wanted to "knock" some sense into him, but that guard in the corner made me quite uneasy so I took my papers and left. After that boring and irritating encounter at the Census and Exercise office, I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Soon after leaving, I met a very foolish Bosmer, thinking he could make the guards flee in fear by using the very weak enchanted ring I had just returned to him moments ago. It took all my strength to not laugh in his face and attempt to slay him...

After being told about the ways to get around Vvardenfel, I decided to take the giant flea ... I mean Silt Strider to Balmora to give some Cosades guy a letter full of gibberish. When I first saw the beast I could of sworn it was going to eat me and its master. While talking to the flea tamer she told and showed me the proper way of mounting and dismounting it, along with what to do incase we were attacked.

A few days later I arrived in Balmara, I then began to ask the locals on directions to the South Wall corner club. Because the paper that the Templer guard gave me was no help at all. At the South Wall corner club I met Bacola Clascius who gave me some very useful directions to Caius Cosades.

After that short journey in Balmora I located Caius and handed him his "letter". The first thing he told me to do was to go get a decent weapon and some armour. The second thing he told me to do was to get a cover identity so no one would be suspicious and blow his cover...

I suggested that "maybe" if I said I was a former slave recently rescued by some wealthy abolitionist, who disguised themselves as Imperial ship mastors and guards. So that it would be easier to help slaves escape and stay free. Caius told me that may work but it could use some work...

Shortly after leaving Caius Cosades to what ever it is that he does, I decided to check out the Guild of Mages. Once inside I saw many robed people who I believed were too afraid to let themselves be seen in public, that I decided this was not a faction I would be joining any time soon... I quickly went to the transporter to see where she could send me. One of the places she said was "Cows Dare Ya", or at least that's what I heard. So out of natural curiosity I decided to go to what i now know as the "Caldera Mages Guild", its not the friendliest place I've been since my arrival but at least I haven't been injured... Yet...

I quietly showed myself out so as to not provoke any physical (or mental) combat... In Caldera I met a great number of oblivious drunken fools, to stupid to realise a stranger was in their midst(it was probably for the better). After reading some books carelessly left lying about I learned some techniques on how to jump higher abd make people like me more. Some time during the mid-day I came across a towering building called the "Ghorak Manor". Inside I met a bunch of drunk dumb orcs and a scamp, that was so intoxicated that it was "smart"... This scamp apparently calls himself "Creeper" and i can only guess why... I decided to see what was on the top floor and not to my surprise it was another drunk orc. Before I reached the top tho, the orc said something about the scamp having booze. But as I came up the stairs the orc gave out a slightly startling "roar"... After I realised he wasn't paying too much attention to me, I decided to check what was in all the crates... In all of the crates there was a lot of junk, except the one with the armourers hammer on top of it. Inside was a nearly complete undamaged suit of Orcish Platemail, all that it was missing was the helm, boots and gauntlets. After taking the armour out of the crate, the orc yelled something about calling the guards but was too much in a stupor to actually do so... After that "False Alarm" I went back down the steps to see if what I over heard the orc say was true. To my astonishment it was and he was rich too! I decided to sell the armour I found (one because it was too much of a burden in the long run and two the house looks like its been looted so much, that it was my hope that it would be safe with the scamp). The next day I decided to go back to Balmora and try my luck with a different faction...
Maria Leon

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:18 pm

So those of you that have read this, what do you think so far (and I just edited the mistakes I found are there any I'm missing still?)
Arnold Wet

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:30 am

Not bad so far, but you are following the story of Morrowind a bit too closely. I would like to see you introduce some new characters and situations to show your flair for storytelling and how your imagination can work.

You can still continue with your character in Morrowind, but add a few little side stories that are purely your own.
Clea Jamerson

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion