In CvR you:
> Move at absolute snails pace
> Can barely make use of map vertical mobility
> Bow and Gauss are fully OHK
> Scar kills with 3 bullets, Grendel with 1 burst
> Campers EVERYWHERE, it's literally the only way to avoid dying
> Shotguns are useless, can't get close to people fast enough

Why are they playing this mode so much?

In Crysis 2 it was popular because nanosuits had an extremely harsh learning curve, it was too hard for some people to get kills with nanosuits.

But in Crysis 3 it makes absolutely no sense to play CvR. Nanosuits are EXTREMELY newbie-friendly now, even a complete retard can get kills with Jaw / Air Stomp and Auto Armor plays the most difficult aspect of the game for you.

CvR is not Crysis 3, it's simply Call Of Duty with better graphics and slower pace.
So over half the playerbase just wants a slower-paced Call Of Duty with better graphics.

Is this why people play Crysis 3?

Shelby Huffman

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 am

OTTO

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:15 am

I'm surprised about the amount of Cell vs Rebels servers with Team Deathmatch in it. No one ever votes for Team Deathmatch on PS3 in the Cell vs Rebels playlist. (Unfortunately they do love to play Deathmatch.)

I think it's kinda fun to try sometimes when no one uses Bow or Gauss. The weapon balance is horrible though. Bow, Gauss and Grendel own everything in CvR and the high-recoil weapons are basically useless since each weapon kills extremely quickly.

But meh, it's probably popular because it's even easier to kill enemies than in the normal game modes. Just camp somewhere with an easy-mode weapon and have fun!
Rhiannon Jones

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:47 am

I'm surprised about the amount of Cell vs Rebels servers with Team Deathmatch in it. No one ever votes for Team Deathmatch on PS3 in the Cell vs Rebels playlist. (Unfortunately they do love to play Deathmatch.)

I think it's kinda fun to try sometimes when no one uses Bow or Gauss. The weapon balance is horrible though. Bow, Gauss and Grendel own everything in CvR and the high-recoil weapons are basically useless since each weapon kills extremely quickly.

But meh, it's probably popular because it's even easier to kill enemies than in the normal game modes. Just camp somewhere with an easy-mode weapon and have fun!

They should re-name the mode 'Gun leveling' coz thats the only reason I (and many others) go there, to level my pistols and slightly trickier guns.
Stryke Force

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:15 am

It's really so popular? I filter out CvR servers.
Benjamin Holz

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

crysis 2's classic mode was way better then crysis 3's cvr.. And players from c2 classic mode still plays cvr in c3 because its easy for them to kill someone in cvr then fast gameplay standard mode... For me crysis's fast paced gameplay reminds me one of my fav game UT...
Natalie J Webster

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:29 pm

crysis 2's classic mode was way better then crysis 3's cvr

Only because there weren't any OHK guns and player health was actually decent since gameplay didn't revolve around whether people have Armor activated or not.

But the movement was really bad, you'd run for something like 4 meters before getting tired and ledge-grabbing was rare. On the plus side the maps were smaller with less vertical scaling.

C2 Classic and C3 CvR in a nutshell:

Darren

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:09 am

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm a TCI and all of us play CvsR , only some play rarely standard :P
If you guys look good every biginer prefer CvsR becouse:
1- they don't get so brutaly raqed by veterans O.o
2- they have a more soft aproach to the game
3- they have the possibility to do some good score too
4- they can learn the maps and weapons without dieing every 10 secons
I'm telling this since the Newbie Fiendly Weekend but seems you guys have the Termite Arrows in the ears ;).
Accept and respect players choice guys , every1 have his taste. I love CvsR 100 times more that standard. OHK weapons are the same in standard too if you don't have the AA ( haw it was : "noobs perk" !!! LOL :DDD ) and campers are the same everywere. Anyhaw for fast play look at this Xuvial :
http://youtu.be/jat2Edz2i3g
WE LIKE CvsR ;)
For youre info in CvsR Grendel need second burst to kill , 1 is not enaf.
For youre info again go to play in a serious No Bow+Gauss server to see the diference , i can sugest to you the TCI-TDM-NO BOW+GAUSS. Is 1 of the most respected rules server (first we warn , second we kick and at the 3 mistake we permaban with the possibility to ask for unban on TCI site with the neccesare apology + the promise of not breacking rules again , but we don't unban the second time ;D )

P.S. if you came i will show you haw useless are shotguns ;)
P.S.2. TCI-Ranked-TDM-Classic is the second server we have and there bow+gauss are alowed ;) i love to hunt campers there with a only pistol :P and i asure you owr servers are almost alweis full :D
Bitter End

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:16 am

Really? At least on console Grendel will always kill an enemy with a single burst in CvR.
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 am

Really? At least on console Grendel will always kill an enemy with a single burst in CvR.

I will made a vid to show you ;) , i think depends of distance but i'm quite sure that even on CC is necesary the second burst. It's a lot more deadly the takedown (2 bullets no matter of distance) and if you use termic scope become realy powerfull for CvsR. Think at it like at a very fast DSG , same damage , same distance ... reason for takedown to be used by almost every1 in CvsR , a lot more that bow or gauss.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 am

Not for me it won't, I have to push my button all the way through my remote at least 3 times before I kill the guy with a Grendel in CvR (by which time they OHK me with a bow or gauss rifle). The grendel somehow deals more damege (per burst) to a nanosuit rather than a human.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:45 am

Weird. A single burst is enough for me to kill enemies with Grendel in CvR. :/
Amy Cooper

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:02 am

Dang I always thought CvR was nanosuit vs human :/ Doesn't seem too fun
Prisca Lacour

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:42 am

LOL Dan :D CvsR is "no nanosuit" , and that means no cloack , no armor , but i think the damage is the same like on the nanosuit ... basic nanosuit. Not sure 100% , i never test it...practicaly in CvsR u don't have any superhumananopowers :P
Maybe you refered at the assault mode where human have to defend objective with powerfull weapons and nano have to atack objectives only with pistols. That was human against nano.
Kieren Thomson

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:52 am

Weird. A single burst is enough for me to kill enemies with Grendel in CvR. :/

maybe u have good aim and get alweis the head... so is headshot mainly no 1 burst 1 kill ;)
i made a video i will upload soon i can.
ijohnnny

Return to Crysis