Crysis 3 without origin?

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:18 am

I've been a fan of Crysis since its release, and purchased Crysis 1 and Crysis 2, have been a HUGE fan, I have the actual case+dvd for proof if necessary but prolly not needed.

I've waited in anticipation for a long time for Crysis 3 to come out and was so EXCITED only to my dismay it's on Origin. I'm seriously against these online systems. If you own an xbox/playstation/wii/whatever you can go buy a game, pop in the disc, and play it. Why can't you for PC?

I've enjoyed these previous versions and other game titles similar, I like the Single Player modes because to me it feels like an interactive movie, like you're part of the story, and the storyline is MESMORIZING to me. I've never even activated my Crysis 2 online code for multi-player because to me, the mindless run around shoot kill blah blah multi-player stuff is just not my cup of tea, i'm in it to learn the outcome of the storyline!

I've heard that even purchasing the DVD you can't play it without an online activation with Origin and must have the Origin client to play the game, even in single player mode. Is this true? If so you lost me as a customer, as much as I love the first two, I can't justify supporting something I don't agree with.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to buy this game and play it!
abi

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:06 am

I do agree, once game activated we should be able to play at least single player without the need to go online.
Sophie Payne

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:49 am

I figured I should attach a side note before I get a bunch of flames, hates, and random rants of why i'm stupid for my method of thinking, so let me explain this in a way most people should be able to recognize.

These online market places such as steam (maybe origin too, dunno cause I haven't used it) require you to keep the market place app to launch your purchased titles. If you bought a game thru steam, it downloaded, you play it... Now say for some reason you no longer wish to use that market place, one better came along or something... whatever... if you un-install steam, all those game titles are now not playable, they're still consuming hard drive space in your installed games list but theres no possible way to play them.

Now take Amazon Apps or Google Play for example on android devices, they too are similar as a market place, you can buy apps, re-download any apps you previously purchased without paying again, etc.. just like steam or variants, but heres the kicker! If you no longer wish to use that said market place, and you remove the market place app, anything you installed from there you still have on your device, and they still work and function, you're not penalized for removing the market place application. You purchased them, they installed. You can fully use them without the need for the market place app.

Would you buy a car if you had to have confirmation from the dealership every time you wish to start it and use it? Heck no! you bought it, its yours, you should be able to use it whenever you wish!

This overlooked ploy to force you to retain that market place is my sole reason I refuse to use such systems as steam or origin or any of the likes. It's my right to disagree with the method, and I chose not to support it. I may be one of a select few who have my opinion on it, but I'm entitled to my opinion, and my reasoning is defined, weither you agree or disagree, you too are entitled to your opinion, and I won't critisize you for your opinion, so please have the same courtesy and avoid the hate posts or calling it lame or stupid, etc...
Pixie

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm

I've been a fan of Crysis since its release, and purchased Crysis 1 and Crysis 2, have been a HUGE fan, I have the actual case+dvd for proof if necessary but prolly not needed.

I've waited in anticipation for a long time for Crysis 3 to come out and was so EXCITED only to my dismay it's on Origin. I'm seriously against these online systems. If you own an xbox/playstation/wii/whatever you can go buy a game, pop in the disc, and play it. Why can't you for PC?

I've enjoyed these previous versions and other game titles similar, I like the Single Player modes because to me it feels like an interactive movie, like you're part of the story, and the storyline is MESMORIZING to me. I've never even activated my Crysis 2 online code for multi-player because to me, the mindless run around shoot kill blah blah multi-player stuff is just not my cup of tea, i'm in it to learn the outcome of the storyline!

I've heard that even purchasing the DVD you can't play it without an online activation with Origin and must have the Origin client to play the game, even in single player mode. Is this true? If so you lost me as a customer, as much as I love the first two, I can't justify supporting something I don't agree with.

**sigh** pc gaming these days...Good thing I'm on PS3 :)

Nice name by the way
Sweets Sweets

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:54 am

Haha yup, Bought BF3 on PC for the disc, and turns out is doesn't even do anything Lol. Downloading games screws up my bandwidth limit, they need a hard copy disc instal like the good old days :3

As for Crysis 3, I believe it is a digital download, regardless
Grace Francis

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:48 am

**sigh** pc gaming these days...Good thing I'm on PS3 :)

I know! PC only people like me are actually looking at the new consoles. Why buy a really expensive PC when all the games are half done, buggy crap?
Sebrina Johnstone

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:20 am

What necessary words... super, magnificent idea а
Alexxxxxx

Return to Crysis