Enabling items when task is already complete.

Post » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi all, so I finally decided to expand on a house mod I have and add a sort of trophy room using static items etc. Anyways, I notice one problem would be that you would need to start new game to enable these items by completing the quests, but I was wondering if there is a script for them to enable upon the player having already done the quest/task.

Any help appreciated as always.

Isabel Ruiz

Post » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Ahhh , I see a little better with what your trying to do. So my pm about it is a to complicated approach probably.

So instead of having a quest running to check for completed quests to add items. You could place an activatable item for the player to click on.

The item has a script attached that uses the "GetQuestCompleted" with "Enable" or "AddItem" when it returns 1 (true)

Which can reset itself for clicking after each script run. That way you wouldn't of had to put an "Enable" or "AddItem" at the end of all those quests you want to give trophies for upon their completion. If I'm understanding you correctly that is.

On the mouse over name of the clickable item ... just try to explain what it does briefly. And a further explanation in the mod readme if necessary .

john page

Return to Fallout 3