Whos using Energy Weapons?

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:53 pm

No I don't mean players

I mean who, in the Mojave in 2281, is using energy weapons as their primary weapon? Who are these people? What are they? Why Energy Weapons instead of Guns?

Im stumped trying to develop an RP for a new playthrough. I tried to work the problem backwards by asking myself who do we see using them in-game but that wasn't helpful as energy weapon users fall into 6 basic groups: former Enclave or their descendants, Fiends squatting in Vault 3, former residents of Vault 21 (ol' Doc Mitchell), current members of the Brotherhood of Steel, the Van Graffs who sell them as well, and Bright Brotherhood cultists

Each of those groups has a reason to use eweps that makes sense for the group in and of itself, but does not give a suitable explanation useful in a broader context

So lets chew on some questions: What does energy weapons usage *say* about a person? Does this person have the technical expertise to maintain them him or herself or do they have the financial means to pay others for maintenance? Why does this person choose eweps over Guns? What is the perceived benefit when compared to the rather obvious loss in practicality?

Veronica Flores

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:07 am

I noticed that most intelligent and scientist based characters use energy weapons, they maintain them through regular maintenance, and they get the cells needed through recycling.

I always use Energy weapons in my gameplays, they just feel cool and unique, I would say that most characters use them because they're easy to use and has good critical hits (goolification, turning them into ash), so that's probably why.
SexyPimpAss

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:35 am

The two major factions that handle energy weapons are the Van Graff criminal family enterprise and the Brotherhood of Steel.

Remember this, though: An energy weapon (or any weapon for that matter) is a tool (of https://books.google.com/books?id=5QKhUYU-rwAC&pg=PA63#v=onepage&q&f=false, mind you). The intent is in the user. You do not need to align with the Van Graffs or the Brotherhood (though either of those do make it easier for the proper care and feeding of E-weaps).

Michelle Smith

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:33 am

@ Madcat221

I really feel as if you didn't read my post

As an aside: what the hell is going on with the forum lately? the quote function doesn't work the way it used to and I cant even copy/paste into the reply box

ezra

Return to Fallout: New Vegas