[MAP] Fallout Post-War US Map (WiP)

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:23 am

Hey guys, just wanted to drop this in here to get some opinions/advice/criticism/etc. on my map of post-war US. I started working on this a few years back and life kinda got in the way. Just recently I stepped back in and want to finish it. I would like to get this on the Vault/Wikia when complete as the one currently on there is outta date and incorrect on a few locations.

http://imgur.com/a/5UrLU - Different versions for claritys sake. Middle one is easier to see.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3e7tve/fallout_us_map_wip_opinions/

As you can see on the Reddit link, I got some very positive feedback but I want to get more eyes on all the locations, what should be changed/added or if I missed anything from you guys.

--

I followed the in-game lore more than the in-game maps for most of the locations. As I'm sure you're aware, the Devs. moved some places around on the game map just to spread them out a bit. I want to stay away from speculation here and not include a location if we don't know the exact area, like Big MT or Sierra Madra, but there are a few exceptions. I want to include all locations that have been mentioned in-game as long as we know where they should be. I'm going to color-code the markers/locations so it's easy to see which game the locations are in and have a legend on the side of the map.

Here's some questions/decisions I need some input on:

The yellow markers are locations from VB and I included them since Obsidian used some of VBs assets in NV so some of those locations could be used in the future possibly. Agree or Disagree in keeping them?

I'm torn about adding anything from BoS or the other unreleased games. Personally, I think I should stay away from them since they're not canon, but some argue that they should be on there for completions sake. Yay or nay?

I'm aware that the borders of the CWs are hard to see so I'm thinking of ways to make it clearer. Any ideas? Wider borders, different colors, or..?!

Should I put the Divide on there? We know it's north of the Mojave and around Death Valley but that's a big area...

Should 'Shady Sands' be the name or 'NCR'?

I'm about 90% sure all locations are correct, so if you see something off or think it's wrong, let me know.

I'm all ears for any ideas on improving it.

-

Changes already done since that version:

-Moved Modoc slightly west to where it should be

-Added Virgina Beach and Norfolk, VA (mentioned in Point Lookout)

-Added an (*) next to both Rontos to indicate that it could be either area (I positive it's in Canada but some argue that it's in Ohio.)

Tanya Parra

Return to Fallout Series Discussion